PDA

View Full Version : Just need to talk to "My People", too excited!

ToeJam
04-14-2005, 09:37
No one else (family, non-hiker-friends) understands the butterflies, good ones, I have right now WAITING for it to be time to leave!

We head out in our rental car form here in NY down to Fontana Dam tonight - gonna do the next leg of our section hike starting tomorrow around lunchtime, getting shuttled back to Deep Gap and hiking back to the car at Fontana.

The time is just going SO SLOW lol!

Although we had to make arrangements for our 6 kids, dog, cats, guinea pigs and the house and school and scouts and horseback lessons and and... so it's not like I have had NOTHING to do!

But - 24 hours or so from now, all of that will be a million miles away and we will get back to the world we love best! :clap And not a care in the world or schedule except where we choose to stop to take a break and take in a view or where to set up camp!

Tick, tick, tick.......

Thanks for listening!

Brock
04-14-2005, 09:39
I'm leaving by bus tonight for Springer Mountain. I understand the anticipation.

Good luck. :clap

neo
04-14-2005, 21:10
No one else (family, non-hiker-friends) understands the butterflies, good ones, I have right now WAITING for it to be time to leave!

We head out in our rental car form here in NY down to Fontana Dam tonight - gonna do the next leg of our section hike starting tomorrow around lunchtime, getting shuttled back to Deep Gap and hiking back to the car at Fontana.

Although we had to make arrangements for our 6 kids, dog, cats, guinea pigs and the house and school and scouts and horseback lessons and and... so it's not like I have had NOTHING to do!

But - 24 hours or so from now, all of that will be a million miles away and we will get back to the world we love best! :clap And not a care in the world or schedule except where we choose to stop to take a break and take in a view or where to set up camp!

Tick, tick, tick.......

Thanks for listening!
believe me,i understand,my last section hike was a 2 week hike last may from delaware water gap to dalton mass,my next section hike will be early september this year from dalton mass to gorham nh,i cant wait,i hope you have a wonderful hike toejam:cool: neo

Lilred
04-14-2005, 21:38
I think we're all getting Springer Fever. My 4 day section hike from Springer to Neel Gap was GREAT!! But it was just a tease. I'm on pins and needles waiting for June 1st to get here so I can start my six week section hike. WOOOHOOOO!!!!

C-Stepper
04-15-2005, 07:41
Congrats on your next leg of your section hike! Being a section hiker is SOOOO hard! My first AT section is coming up...it seems like you plan for an eternity (but passes all too quickly!)

Tick, tick, tick.......

Thanks for listening!

LIhikers
04-15-2005, 07:53
My wife and I have a week's vacation the end of April. We're gonna head up to CT. and spend it hiking south from Salisbury. If we can arrainge a shuttle it'll be one way, if not then we'll just do an out and back. How many miles we cover isn't as important as the fact that we'll be back out on the trail again. :clap

A little more than 2 weeks and I'm definitely counting down the days.

Kerosene
04-15-2005, 08:36
My next section (Catawba to Atkins, VA) is still 6 weeks away, but I've been thinking about it every spare minute. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

"ME & U"
04-15-2005, 08:53
Good Hiking ToeJam!!!

We're planning a thru on the Long Trail for July and just lastnight I saw "ME" rip her face open and jump out with the anticipation! Damn, I'd better go do my taxes...:datz

Big Dawg
04-15-2005, 21:55
Enjoy Toejam!! I know you're kinkin back right now, enjoying your 1st night in! My next section hike is next Thursday, 4/21,,,, from Allen Gap to Erwin, NC. I can't hardly wait! 50+ more miles soon to be in the bag. Hike On!!!