PDA

View Full Version : Microlight FS 1-Person Tent

xftnfnb7
06-11-2012, 15:08
Does anybody have experience with the Microlight FS 1-Person Tent? I'd like to know how many time you have used it and how the tent is working out for you.

Expendable
06-13-2012, 17:23
Does anybody have experience with the Microlight FS 1-Person Tent? I'd like to know how many time you have used it and how the tent is working out for you.

I have one. I've used it on 3 overnight trips. I think it's a terrific one person tent, and makes the right trade-offs - for me. A friend of mine, who is bigger than me, is convinced he would be claustrophobic in it. That's a trade off for a 1 person sub 3 pound freestanding tent.
It withstood quite a bit of wind one night, as I was camped out on a ledge. The tent was very stable, even during what were clearly significant gusts. I have not been through a rainstorm, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be excellent.

A sub 3 pound freestanding tent from LL Bean, with it's amazing customer service and guarantee (which is worth something), for $160ish is a great deal. You cannot go wrong.

Franco
06-13-2012, 18:24
The first two details that should be included when asking about a tent is the size of the would be user and time/location of where it would be used.

Franco

xftnfnb7
06-21-2012, 19:06
Given al the poles and sacks is it really sub 3 lbs?

Expendable
06-24-2012, 21:49
Mine is 3.2 lbs as is with all the stakes, bags etc. pretty easy to trim off a little.

xftnfnb7
06-25-2012, 10:30
Mine is 3.2 lbs as is with all the stakes, bags etc. pretty easy to trim off a little.
There is an LL Bean store opening about a mile from where I work. I'll pick one up then and take it for a spin.

Thanks for the input.

xftnfnb7
07-11-2012, 17:04
I ended up purchasing the Microlight-fs1 and so far am very pleased. The weight is pretty much as avertized and the set up was very simple and it kept the bugs out, my biggest requirement after weight. The nights were perfect meaning w/o rain or storms so did not even need the fly. I'll update this when I get a chance to use the tent in some bad weather.

Thanks for all your help.

xftnfnb7
09-20-2012, 22:07
I did end up with some bad weather on my last trip. There quite a thunderstorm with lots of rain, wind and stuff falling from the trees. The tent did great. I felt safe and kept dry.