PDA

View Full Version : New Balance Shoes model 809...what's the latest model ?

Jeff
06-11-2012, 16:55
I know New Balance is constantly changing models. I liked the 809 as well as the 811 but that was several years ago.

What's the latest model and has it changed dramatically?

moytoy
06-12-2012, 05:45
I don't pretend to understand the progression of NB AT shoes but I now have two pairs of 814's . Before these I had a pair of 813's that lasted me over 600 miles. The latest 800 series shoes shown of NB web site is the 810 AT. All of these shoes are very similar. Doing a search on the 809 shows me there were some changes from that shoe to the current shoes but my guess is the LAST is still the same for all 800 series shoes. Some web searches may turn up some more specific info.

moytoy
06-12-2012, 05:59
My above post should read the LAST is probably the same for all 800 series AT shoes. These shoes are made in China but seem to still have a good quality build.

Old Hillwalker
06-12-2012, 06:12
A recent economic report reveals that New Balance remains as the only athletic shoe company still manufacturing shoes in the United States. Please buy USA. New Balance is a Maine Made Product. Walk em home northbounders!

Not all of their shoes are made here however it looks like one out of four pair is.

http://www.newbalance.com/Domestic-Manufacturing/about_domestic_manufacturing,default,pg.html

neighbor dave
06-12-2012, 06:25
north, central, or south, "american"?

KerrieT
06-12-2012, 10:17
I used to work as a footwear developer at NB and know many, many current designers, developers and marketers. A great group of people who are passionate about what they do.

NB still manufactures some styles in the US (Maine and Massachusetts). The majority of styles are made in Asia, which is where most of the world's athletic shoes and apparel is made. There are several reason why this is true, not the least of which is that Americans want to pay the lowest possible price for their "stuff". Making a highly technical piece of footwear in the US is possible, but you're going to pay more. A lot more. Also, there are still components that are made in another country, then shipped to New England for assembly into the final product. Rules and regulations abound regarding the percentage of components that must be "made in the USA".

ChinMusic
06-12-2012, 10:59
I got lucky a year or so ago. Cabelas had NB do a special run of 806s. I bought a shelf full and should have enough for my thru next year.

peakbagger
06-12-2012, 11:03
The last few 800 series I received had a tag in them that they were assembled in the US of various sourced components. I wish their website had an option to show the latest version of a prior model. I think somewhere around 813 or 814 series they went back to 810. Long ago I bought 801s and have bought a new pair of the latest model as the old ones wore out. In general the newer models are somewhat less durable, but ventilate much better. I just hope they keep making 4E sizing.