PDA

View Full Version : Not much longer

alanthealan
04-14-2005, 19:09
I'm just writing because I'm excited. I weighed my pack with food 6d, fuel, water, etc and it was 25lbs. I am stoked! Hopefully the shoes do well, I have always used boots in the past, but the idea of less weight is addicting. I know I can trim a few more pounds off, but I brought some icy hot and coffee cup to better relax. My dad might be moving my stuff for me and dropping me off at the trail. This saves me a lot of work! Parents are great!

:jump :jump :jump

kaytee
04-14-2005, 20:49
Anyone else that still hasn't started NOBO?

I swear I am trying to study, but my thoughts keep wandering. i.e. ''z-transform...I wonder if they call it a 'zee' transform instead of a 'zed' transform in the states?''

I got my travel insurance today so I am set! I am beyond excited.

Now back to Katahdin controllers, err I mean Kalman controllers. :p

katie

ps If you don't understand my jokes - you're lucky that you're not an engineer. :jump

ERTW

fuzz
04-14-2005, 21:54
If I ever have to do another z-transform again it'll be too soon. Ahhh, grad school. It's nice to know that there are other engineers out there that are addicted to the AT too.

You're all making me drool. I'll be in your shoes a year from now. Have a great time!

Whistler
04-14-2005, 22:43
Anyone else that still hasn't started NOBO?

36 more days for me. Just gotta stay in shape and keep polishing those odd skills.
-Mark

hauptman
04-14-2005, 22:51
I can not wait to get out there man. Springer fever is driving me crazy!!!
I am clinging to my studies as best I can, but with little success. I gotta get out there!
Anyway, it is nice to know that I am not the only one getting a late start because of school. I start my north bound thru hike on May 8th. I am hoping to complete it in under four months. I know this is pushing it, but it is all the time I have available.
I too am now completely addicted to ultralight hiking and have managed to get my pack weight down to under 20 pounds. Woohoo!!! Hopefully this should help me to meet my goal. I guess I will see soon, huh.
Anyway, good luck guys and maybe I will see you out there.

mofro
04-14-2005, 23:22
hauptman,
I am planning on leaving the 8th as well. Its good to hear that there will be some company at the end of the pack. yeah i tried to go lightweight as well, although might not be able to keep up with a four month pace. I am graduating as well and it is so hard for me to keep focused on that degree... anyway, hope to see you out there.

hauptman
04-15-2005, 01:24
mofro,
awesome man, but I want to clarify one thing. while I am delayed because of school, I am not graduating. I am only a lowly freshman. I am happy not to be the only person on the trail that day. Maybe, we will pass each other. You'all hav ta fagiv me if i ain't as smarty artsy as no grad guy, cool man!
p.s., since everyone always asks the same damb question, what is your major? I am going in for general business myself.

Over and out!

p.s.s., what is your IM? /maybe we could chat a little?