PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Dahlonega

BabySue
06-13-2012, 13:08
Any good ones?

atmilkman
06-13-2012, 13:10
Check out the Smith House, especially the squash pickles.

solobip
06-13-2012, 15:22
All around the square, (The Smith House is spendy and touristy IMO) There is everythng you could want from S.C. Seafood, gourmet, country, sandwich to chicken wings, sit down to standup. Way too many to list. There are also a number of vineyards like Wolf Creek about 2 mile out that have tastings if you want upscale. Here is a link to the visitor's center: http://dahlonega.org/

BabySue
06-13-2012, 20:04
Many thanks. I had underestimated Dahlonega & thought it might be just a red light & gas station kinda place.

atmilkman
06-13-2012, 20:36
Many thanks. I had underestimated Dahlonega & thought it might be just a red light & gas station kinda place.
Your welcome. Dahlonega is far from just a red light and a gas station. Like solobip says above the whole town is kind of "touristy" but that's what makes it fun.

max patch
06-13-2012, 20:52
I don't eat enough to get my money's worth at the Smith House, but I still go once a year cuz I like their fried chicken and tea. Killer place to take a SOBO thru that just finished.

atmilkman
06-13-2012, 20:56
I don't eat enough to get my money's worth at the Smith House, but I still go once a year cuz I like their fried chicken and tea. Killer place to take a SOBO thru that just finished.
No doubt. I think that's where Jenn Pharr and all her family went the evening after she broke the record last year. And that was a pretty fair SOBO. (lol)

Energizer Bunny
06-14-2012, 12:01
Gustavo's just opened on our square about a year ago. They have AWESOME pizza. Piazza's is also good. As a "local" the Smithn House is not my favorite, but to each is own. The Picnic Cafe on the square is also a favorite. They are mostly open for breakfast and lunch during the week and open until 8 or so for dinner on the weekends. Mi hope you enjoy your stay - it is a wonderful town.

Double Wide
06-14-2012, 20:05
They serve pretty good fried chicken in the city jail. Or at least they did back in the mid-80's....;)

Wise Old Owl
06-14-2012, 20:12
Yea that covers it

or click here.
http://www.bing.com/local/default.aspx?q=Dahlonega%2c+Georgia+restaurants&FORM=ATRCCN

Bear Cables
06-16-2012, 22:28
Really good steak restaurant next to and italian one ( they shared a front door) nice atmosphere, live music. Sorry can't remember the name.

FatMan
06-17-2012, 09:09
Dahlonega is a tourist town. It is the site of the first gold rush in the US and as such millions visit the town every year. Over 200,000 people visit during 3 day Gold Rush Days festival alone in October. So even though the town is not large there are several dozen restaurants. What type of restaurant are you looking for?

The Gold Rush history is very interesting. Go to the Gold Museum which is located in the Historic Courthouse on the public square and either the Crisson or Consolidated Gold Mines. BTW, the Courthouse which was built in 1836 is the oldest standing Courthouse in the state of GA. The bricks for the courthouse were made from the mud from Cane Creek which was one of the more productive placer mines in the Dahlonega Belt. Be sure to ask to have someone show you the original brick in the stairway to the attic. You will see gold in the brick without any magnification. Its really pretty cool.

hobby
06-17-2012, 10:14
"Corkscrew" next to the Holly Theater. mmmmmmmmm--good