PDA

View Full Version : Merrell Customer Service

Odd Man Out
06-15-2012, 23:15
I had a pair of Merrell Moab Ventilators I really liked. But they got demoted to lawn mowing shoes a couple of years ago and I replaced them with Merrell Refuge Core Ventilators (very similar to the Moabs). The laces were shot and I was having trouble finding suitable replacements. All the stores I went to had a very limited selection and if they had the right style and length, they had the wrong color. So, I went to the Merrell web site to see if they sold the right color on-line but no luck. So I clicked on "contact us" and filled out their customer reply form, asking where I might be able to buy laces. Within a few hours I got an e-mail telling me that replacement laces were in the mail and I got them the next day (it helps that the world HQ is only about 25 miles away from home). I thought they went above and beyond and was very happy.
:banana

WIAPilot
06-16-2012, 01:00
I love Merrell's! A few years ago, I found some hiking sandals that were really great out here in the desert and they were discontinued. My mom is elderly (we wear the same size shoe) and when I went to visit her here in town, I suggested that she try them because they have Velcro straps. She loved them!! She especially likes to wear them to the airport where it is kind of difficult as they make you take off your shoes. They provide a ton of support too. At that point, I went online and bought every single pair in our size that I could find (like 15 pairs!) and so have been able to keep my mom supplied over the years! LOL They last forever too. I think mine lasted at least a year of wearing and hiking in them all the time. I dread the day when "my supply" is gone. Maybe by that time I will find a sandal of theirs that I like just as much.

brotheral
06-16-2012, 06:32
I'm hiking in Merrell Moab Ventilators and love them. Also wear Convertible II sandals for everyday use. I was able to p/u a 2nd (spare) pair of the sandals before they discontinued them.
Several years ago I returned a pair of leather hiking boots because the sole was separating from the upper. I received a new pair ONE week later...
Top Notch Organization !!!

SassyWindsor
06-16-2012, 12:45
Quality footwear of the past is now made in China, Vietnam, etc. You can still buy quality footwear, made in Europe, but pricey. Have been a lot of problems with formaldehyde in footwear and clothing coming out of China. Just beware.

SassyWindsor
06-16-2012, 12:49
To help cool off that formaldehyde burn just rub a little antifreeze toothpaste on it :D

Wise Old Owl
06-16-2012, 12:50
Shame SlumberJack isn't like that.

ferdEggmont
07-27-2012, 21:10
Merrel is awesome - they replaced my Moab Ventilators while on the Trail quickly