PDA

View Full Version : Georgia and beyond in ten days!

ginny.nippes
06-15-2012, 23:40
Going six weeks from Springer Mountain, leaving in just under two weeks. It's been a while since I've had a six week run in the wilderness, pretty pumped and a little nervous. If anyone has any last minute advice or notable items to take that could be overlooked, or random items that were especially helpful, please let me know! I feel prepared, but who knows really? I'm rollin solo so if anyone may be headed north around the same time, let me know. It's always good to know someone before trekking off, right?

Rigel01
06-16-2012, 01:26
Heading north from Springer in about three days. Totally stoked to be getting out of the office and to spend some time with my girls. First time in a while on the AT and can't wait. Agreed that it's good to know others travelling around same time. Happy Trails and maybe our paths will cross - you'll probably catch and pass us pretty quickly!

Whack-a-mole
06-16-2012, 11:35
Take a couple minutes to enjoy Long Creek Falls. It is very pretty and this time of year you can cool your feet in the pool at the bottom of the falls. Also enjoy a break at Neels gap. It is a cool place, and a great stop to enjoy a good hot lunch.

wornoutboots
06-17-2012, 18:21
Agreed take time to check out the refreshing streams & blue blazes!! Also pay close attention to the bear warnings in GA & get through the trouble spots in the daylight without camping in them. Have a Great Hike!

bmurray
06-18-2012, 10:03
Do not plan on staying at Wolf Laurel Top. Great campsite but there is a very intelligent bear that eats dinner there. Don't ask me how I know.