PDA

View Full Version : New Member; Saying Hi

Owlet
06-17-2012, 23:40
Hello fellow hikers!
My name is Owlet, the daughter of Pumba. I am 12 and will be going back country camping with my dad June 1st into June 4th or 5th. I am so excited because this is my first time ever and I love the out doors. Since we live in NC, we can't go camping, so we are planning to camp in the Grayson Highlands State Park Area; it has wild ponies:p!
If there is any tips or suggestions or Qs, just Ask/tell me or Pumba!

Owlet:D

Owlet
06-17-2012, 23:44
Sorry, I had meant July.:p

Feral Bill
06-17-2012, 23:45
Welcome, Owlet. Enjoy your adventure. Sometimes people on this site get grumpy. Ignore them.

Owlet
06-17-2012, 23:56
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

rocketsocks
06-18-2012, 00:01
Hello fellow hikers!
My name is Owlet, the daughter of Pumba. I am 12 and will be going back country camping with my dad June 1st into June 4th or 5th. I am so excited because this is my first time ever and I love the out doors. Since we live in NC, we can't go camping, so we are planning to camp in the Grayson Highlands State Park Area; it has wild ponies:p!
If there is any tips or suggestions or Qs, just Ask/tell me or Pumba!

Owlet:DIf you have a camera,you could take some pictures,and write down what it is,Oh also:welcome to White Blaze

Owlet
06-18-2012, 00:10
i do have a camera, and thank you. :) i will take many pics.

Ladytrekker
06-18-2012, 14:01
I am so impressed that at 12 your excited about being outdoors my recommendation is to soak up everything you see touch the bushes get a close look at flowers listen to the birds watch the sky the earth is our pleasure to enjoy and can offer so much have a great hike and welcome

ATMountainTime
06-18-2012, 15:53
Welcome to the site! Ive been backpacking since i was your age, and generally camping since I was 2 (39 years ago) and my dad took me too. I love seeing young people outside, and excited to be there. Im also a scout leader. I always encourage my guys to take as many classes, read as much and practice first aid as much as you can. In 39 years ive only had two BAD pinches in first aid, both times could have been alot worse.

we're doing a wilderness survival course soon with 2 of the older guys in the troop.

just remember "It's NOT bad weather, just different kinds of GOOD weather".

Owlet
06-18-2012, 18:29
Thanks, i will "devour" almost every thing i see (or hear) and ill be having a great time w/ my dad. so i think that it will go pretty well, except for mosquitoes :mad:

Big Dawg
06-18-2012, 23:28
:welcome to WB!!! Grayson Highlands is magical... enjoy your hike!!!

Owlet
06-19-2012, 11:26
Thanks, i can't wait.

Water Rat
06-19-2012, 11:33
Welcome, Owlet!

I am pretty new here, too!

I just wanted to tell you I think it is wonderful that you love the outdoors and hiking! One of my favorite things to do (during the packing process) is to think about all of the "possibilities" of the trail - It really allows you to use your imagination! It's fun to think of all the new stuff you can discover on the trail.
I hope you have a happy & healthy hike! :welcome

Water Rat

Owlet
06-19-2012, 11:34
I hope this can be my key chain, it's sooooo cute!
http://img0-llalt.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.334259764.jpg

Owlet
06-19-2012, 11:35
Thanks, i think I'll keep that in mind.