PDA

View Full Version : Late start southbound

Treetoptommy
06-18-2012, 12:41
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone wanted to meet up north for a late start walk thru? I really wanted to wait until April of 2013 but my schedule may be opening a little sooner than that. Just looking for a hiking partner, so if there is anyone interested please leave a comment or pm me.
Thanks!

Saprogenic
06-18-2012, 16:54
I plan on starting the last week in July. Maybe I'll see you up there.

Andrew King
06-19-2012, 00:55
me too... should be a small group of us!

sobomatt
06-20-2012, 03:32
my plan is to leave GA on july 15 head to maine. i'm still trying to figure out my best option to get up there. i had a group to go with and then my group fell apart so i am currently heading to maine by myself. i would like to have someone to start with though.

Komuso
06-20-2012, 21:09
I too was planning on departing around 04-01-13 for my second go at a NB thru, but circumstances dictate recently that a mid-late July 2012 SB thru will probably be my only availability for another shot at thru hiking for quite some time. Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in coordinating departures. Depending upon the circumstances, I would potentially be very open to that. I hope to see you all out there!

fredthoreau
06-20-2012, 23:16
I'm planning to start SOBO in early July.

Treetoptommy
06-21-2012, 18:28
are you going alone?

bwscarb
06-24-2012, 22:44
Sobomatt, had you considered driving? I'm planning on flying from ATL to Maine around the second week in July. Driving might be a way save some cash but I think I'd rather fly.

sobomatt
06-25-2012, 15:20
Sobomatt, had you considered driving? I'm planning on flying from ATL to Maine around the second week in July. Driving might be a way save some cash but I think I'd rather fly.

I thought about driving but that became too complicated trying to work out getting my car back home and all that. Flying might be my best option as well.

Andrew King
07-02-2012, 09:30
going greyhound!!

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:54
All the luck to you SOBO'S they dont call it MEGA just for fun or it being Maine to Georgia.

AngryGerman
07-18-2012, 18:32
I am starting on July 21st w/ a late summit of "The Greatest Mountain" and then starting a slow, meandering, kind of who cares attitude walk south on the 22nd. Mein frau will be dropping me at the Park on the 22nd; if you need a ride from the AT Lodge I can probably accomadate two (small vw) depending on pack size. See you on the trail!

vanzetti
07-18-2012, 21:53
Hey,

Looking for a ride for 2 SOBO's starting late July. Ideally this weekend to next weekend sometime. We can get up to Bangor from Boston, where we are starting. Anybody planning on going up there who could give us a lift?

_Marlo

ADBlaze
07-24-2012, 14:38
Hey, Ill be starting Auguts 15 SOBO... probably start off easy then pick up the miles once in/through vermont. Hopefully I can catch some of you fellow SOBO'ers a month or so in!

Miner
08-06-2012, 19:18
I'm starting Aug 17th so I hope to see a few of you on the trail. I'm figuring 4 months +/- a week. I'm flying into Boston (to save $) and taking the Concord Coach bus up to Bangor. Looks like the campgrounds in Baxter SP are full so I may have to camp outside of the park boundary or go back to the hostel for another night after I summit Katadyn. Unless someone has an extra space available on the 17th?

Papa D
08-06-2012, 19:29
I'm starting Aug 17th so I hope to see a few of you on the trail. I'm figuring 4 months +/- a week. I'm flying into Boston (to save $) and taking the Concord Coach bus up to Bangor. Looks like the campgrounds in Baxter SP are full so I may have to camp outside of the park boundary or go back to the hostel for another night after I summit Katadyn. Unless someone has an extra space available on the 17th?

You might consider sending a PM to Driver 8. He lives in CT and loves to section hike - anyway, if you fill his tank, I bet he'd be up for a little sectioning in Maine and could help with your transport. If / when you get to NC and a computer, PM me, and I'll hike with you a few days in the South - - I can keep up with almost all but the very fastest thru-hikers - - I'll provide some liquor because it will be cold when you finish.