PDA

View Full Version : tents.. a lesson...

MadAussieInLondon
04-17-2005, 11:12
since i will be in need of a 2man tent i had been doing lots of research and settled on the big agnes seedhouse ultralight 2man tent...

this weekend at my local outfitter they had a tent special, over 100+ tents all setup outside on the verge, and... i saw it in real life.. holy crap, no wonder its so light, its the size of a 1man tent!! :(

so depressed, and to think its 300usd!! :( ouch.. so anyway i got a pct-2 for half price... i am well satisfied...

i just cant get over how small the seedhouse for 2 was...

some saw weird pole connection designs too, where they join in odd places on the tent and other weird designs.. no hammocks tho.

neo
04-17-2005, 11:44
i dont like tents,i am a hammock hanger.:cool: neo

Peaks
04-17-2005, 18:47
A good example of gear that needs to be tried on before buying. Support your local outfitter.

Rain Man
04-17-2005, 20:02
since i will be in need of a 2man tent i had been doing lots of research and settled on the big agnes seedhouse ultralight 2man tent......

So, Bloody Cactus.... what will you need a tent for??? Tell us your plans, Man!

Rain:sunMan

generoll
04-17-2005, 23:12
my Black Diamond Megamid doesn't qualify as an ultralight, but it's plenty large for two people and you can cook in it and also have room for your packs. that and a ground cloth wouldn't be too big of a load for two people. i carry mine for my own use, but then my pack weighs in at 40#.