PDA

View Full Version : Big toe

DaveJonesRocks27
06-21-2012, 14:12
any one hear or seeing anything strange along the trail? i plan to hike it in the next month or so but i been watching a few shows on bigfoot and figure it be neat to try to call for one at night when where at camp/

DaveJonesRocks27
06-21-2012, 15:14
or even odd sounds ppl have storys share?

Odd Man Out
06-21-2012, 15:36
My wife watches a lot of those cryptobiology shows. Every episode is the same. They get all the experts together with oodles of gadgets, they interview locals, they collect lots of data, they spend hours looking, and they always find the same thing - NOTHING!

What does that tell you?

Spokes
06-21-2012, 15:47
....... Thru hiking the AT is sorta like traveling with the circus. Bigfoot seems normal in comparison.

BFI
06-21-2012, 16:09
....... Thru hiking the AT is sorta like traveling with the circus. Bigfoot seems normal in comparison.

Now that’s the most truthful thing I've read on White Blaze....and it's true !! It seems like everyday something unexpected happens on the trail. I think the strangest thing that happened to me was just before Chestnut Knob, there's a frog pond, and guy climbed out of the muck and just stared at me. Then when he figured out that I’m native, he tried to convince me that I was actually a Mongoloid ( a chromosome defect which causes Downs Syndrome) I pretty sure he was trying to say Mongolian. But it was a very weird and some what unnerving experience, he said he lived in the shelter.. He kind of looked like a Squach.

DaveJonesRocks27
06-21-2012, 17:35
way to have a closed mind my friend and being negative most shows find nothing i ever only seen a handful of shows that ever could bring anything to light of the topic asking for interesting stories not bitter negativity

DaveJonesRocks27
06-21-2012, 17:43
haha trust me im loud going to be fun times

DaveJonesRocks27
06-21-2012, 17:44
but i have watched tons of shows and documentaries on this subject in on the fence about it like most things but open mind is never harmed any one not that i know of but i find it all neat to know about

Gray Blazer
06-21-2012, 19:01
Others ostracize, but, good people still keep reporting. Here's a link to my siting.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=25979

DaveJonesRocks27
06-22-2012, 09:43
isnt that the show on animal planet? with bo bo and other ppls name that escape me?

Ladytrekker
06-22-2012, 10:00
I was hiking the Florida Trail along the Suwannee and was resting on a beach sitting by the water had just set up camp and it was dusk. I heard this loud running through the woods and heard something splash into the water about 50 feet from me did not see what it was but it was loud hit the water went under and then surfaced in the middle of the river it was a deer obviously spooked by something and it hit the other bank and ran quickly into the woods it was gettin it. But it startled the crap out of all 4 of us.

Again on the Florida Trail in Ocala National Forest on an extremely cold night had something speed by my tent so fast that the tent moved from the wind of it and heard it hit the water it was running fast made a ton of noise it was about 4 in the morning so it again startled the crap out of me.

Thinking Swamp Ape!

DaveJonesRocks27
06-22-2012, 10:08
thank you and love ur quote

AjR
06-22-2012, 14:05
Fact or faked did find that yeti footprint in the Himalayas, and they did watch a very large object in their thermal....Just saying

DaveJonesRocks27
06-24-2012, 11:52
eh cant watch that show seen others like destination truth or monster quest seen dozens of documentary's on it

DaveJonesRocks27
06-26-2012, 10:09
only thing i ever seen weird was not on the trail but as a kid after a day of being out side i sat on my steps just looking up and seeing a shooting star but this wasn't a shooting star this was changing colors and just kinda faded after a bright glow streaking across the sky now i seen many shows about astrology space and meteors but wasnt sure what i seen that day

Gray Blazer
06-26-2012, 12:13
I was practicing my BF howl near Indian Grave Gap early in April. If BoBo was staying at Tray Mt Shelter he prolly would've been sayin' "There's a squatch in these woods."

DaveJonesRocks27
06-26-2012, 12:32
that show is pretty much the same hike in some woods think u hear something and say a squatch is about never seen them get any good footage of anything thought respect what they do that show is Eh at best
I was practicing my BF howl near Indian Grave Gap early in April. If BoBo was staying at Tray Mt Shelter he prolly would've been sayin' "There's a squatch in these woods."

DaveJonesRocks27
06-26-2012, 12:38
i watched it a few times watch other shows about it shows that break down the patterson film best show was destination truth about it i get mad fun of it too girlfriend pokes fun at me all the time but hey beats watching the kardasihans or some other brain dead tv that plagues the airways

thecyclops
06-28-2012, 04:46
i watched it a few times watch other shows about it shows that break down the patterson film best show was destination truth about it i get mad fun of it too girlfriend pokes fun at me all the time but hey beats watching the kardasihans or some other brain dead tv that plagues the airways
Jesus Christ you need to learn how to punctuate. Every post in this thread by you is one big,long,and hard to read run-on sentence.

rocketsocks
06-28-2012, 06:34
i watched it a few times watch other shows about it shows that break down the patterson film best show was destination truth about it i get mad fun of it too girlfriend pokes fun at me all the time but hey beats watching the kardasihans or some other brain dead tv that plagues the airwaysWell now,have you ever heard of the "Legend of Boggy Creek" and 1972 documentary,It's a great show,scared the hell out of me when I saw it with my father in the theater.check it out.

Hairbear
06-28-2012, 07:06
i was hiking a trail and came to a shelter there was already a hispanic family using it so i hiked a little further to give them their privacy.i enjoyed watching the kids play.somewhere toward the end they pulled out the pinnata.as the kids were taking turns i noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.it was a 8 foot tall hairy creature watching the kids too.as the creature left it walked up to me without noticing me hanging there.at the last moment it saw me and just stared then walked down the hill.i thought i had just experienced a 1 in a lifetime thing when here it came back again only now there were three little ones with it .they walked right up to me i just froze with amazment and didnt know what to do.then without notice the young picked up sticks and started beating the tar out of me .it was a brutal beating my mind kept flashing to rodney king and that these things must be where L A cops come from. so i guess my best advice would be if you hang in a hammock always carry lots of candy so you have something more to throw out other than bone fragments and battered splein.(no animals were harmed in the making of this humor)

Hairbear
06-28-2012, 07:24
seriosly though to think that a man like creature that can live with nature instead of against her gives us all hope that we wont sprint forward into a paved future

thecyclops
06-28-2012, 20:55
i was hiking a trail and came to a shelter there was already a hispanic family using it so i hiked a little further to give them their privacy.i enjoyed watching the kids play.somewhere toward the end they pulled out the pinnata.as the kids were taking turns i noticed movement out of the corner of my eye.it was a 8 foot tall hairy creature watching the kids too.as the creature left it walked up to me without noticing me hanging there.at the last moment it saw me and just stared then walked down the hill.i thought i had just experienced a 1 in a lifetime thing when here it came back again only now there were three little ones with it .they walked right up to me i just froze with amazment and didnt know what to do.then without notice the young picked up sticks and started beating the tar out of me .it was a brutal beating my mind kept flashing to rodney king and that these things must be where L A cops come from. so i guess my best advice would be if you hang in a hammock always carry lots of candy so you have something more to throw out other than bone fragments and battered splein.(no animals were harmed in the making of this humor)

you had me up until "beating the tar outta me"LOLOLOL

Biggie Master
06-28-2012, 21:19
Jesus Christ you need to learn how to punctuate. Every post in this thread by you is one big,long,and hard to read run-on sentence.

theonlythingworsewouldbeifheforgottousethespacebar tooknowwhatimeanitgetsprettyridicuolusdoesntit