PDA

View Full Version : Getting home from Andover, ME

Van Lloyden
04-18-2005, 16:58
Friend and I are hiking form the NY-CT border to Andover, ME in June and are trying to find our way home afterwards.

We are planing on taking a greyhound to Portland so that we can fly back to Virginia.

Here is the question. Anybody aware of an affordable** transportation service (taxi, shuttle, friends of the AT) in Andover that could get us to a nearby town that has greyhound service?

** - I drink PBR so that gives you and idea of my budget!

plodder
04-18-2005, 17:49
Right thumb about rib high and a smile. The locals shouldn't be cooked on tourists in June. Offer to buy PBR and they'll probably drop you at the dog!

Footslogger
04-18-2005, 17:49
Not sure what he would charge but it couldn't hurt to inquire. Here's contact information for one of the hiker hostels I stayed at during my thru in 2003. As to speak with Paul ...

Pine Ellis B&B
Pine St./PO Box 12
Andover Me., 04216
207-392-4161
[email protected]

Van Lloyden
04-19-2005, 14:13
Excellent that is what I'm looking for....thanks!

weary
04-19-2005, 23:18
Friend and I are hiking form the NY-CT border to Andover, ME in June and are trying to find our way home afterwards.

We are planing on taking a greyhound to Portland so that we can fly back to Virginia.

Here is the question. Anybody aware of an affordable** transportation service (taxi, shuttle, friends of the AT) in Andover that could get us to a nearby town that has greyhound service?

** - I drink PBR so that gives you and idea of my budget!
Call Earl and Marge (Honey and Bear) at the Cabin. Tell 'em I said they could help, and they'll deliver you to a bus station.

LEGS
04-19-2005, 23:58
YES THEY WILL, THEY ARE GOOD FOLKS FOR SURE! THE CABIN IN MAINE, PHONE-1-207-392-1333. AND THEY HAVE A GREAT BREAKFAST TOO! ENJOY!!!!! REMEMBER ITS NOT THE MILES BUT THE SMILES!!!!. HOW YA DOIN WEARY!!!!,SNOW ABOUT GONE?
Call Earl and Marge (Honey and Bear) at the Cabin. Tell 'em I said they could help, and they'll deliver you to a bus station.

Van Lloyden
04-21-2005, 14:49
From what I been able to find, the closest Bus station is stilll 50 miles away. Will either of this places have a problem with providing a shuttle service that far (yes I'd intend to pay)

peakbagger
04-25-2005, 12:55
The closest bus station to Andover is in Gorham NH. If you can get a hitch down route 5 (not that hard as this is the main road out of town) to Rt 2, its an easy hitch west to Gorham. The bus stops at the Irving gas station early in the morning (7:30?) so you would need to get ride over the night before and stay at Hikers Paradise (closest to Irving gas station) or The Barn (the other end of Main street)