PDA

View Full Version : Zpack Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket?

moof53
06-27-2012, 11:46
Anyone extensively used the Zpack CF rain jacket this year on the AT or other trail? Wondering about breathability and durability.

Thanks!

Zippy Morocco
06-27-2012, 21:51
For clarity, are you talking about the breathable cuben or non? I am interested in this question too since I will be carrying a MYOG Cuben jacket next year. They work great in Montana!

moof53
06-27-2012, 21:57
Yes, I should have included the breathable CF. I haven't purchased one yet as I have a great shell jacket and pant which are Arcteryx. But as with all Gore products, it can get damp on the inside from sweat if you don't moderate your pace. What I really use it for is in cold-wet conditions as not only a rain shell but also to keep out cold wind and it does a good job minus the occasional sweat.

From reading about the CF it seems it is breathable and will also keep out the cold wind, rain, and it is very light. It would be nice to hear from someone who is using it extensively.

Wise Old Owl
06-27-2012, 22:04
http://www.zpacks.com/images/accessories/wpb_jacket/wpb_jacket_front_l.jpg

I can't imagine not getting the pit zips. - I am thinking on taking one of my old rain jackets and adding velco on the pits.... and I can't justify the price. That's a lot of money and I have spent it before.- its all good if you want it enough.

For those that are reading this in interest - I was checking out this at Mountain Laurel as a eme tarp or vestibule, and or a cover for the HH... Check the price. Keeping up your options - and I hope I am not slighting the owners of these fine companies.

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/images/specponcho.jpg

rmitchell
06-28-2012, 21:24
DayPak is northbound on a thru hike right now. He is posting on TrailJournals. I believe he is using Zpack tent, pack sleeping bag and jacket.

moof53
06-29-2012, 01:12
Tried searching "daypack" trail name on trailjournals.com. No listing for "daypack".

leaftye
06-29-2012, 02:27
Tried searching "daypack" trail name on trailjournals.com. No listing for "daypack".

It's spelled like rmitchell spelled it.

TechnoD
06-29-2012, 02:53
To answer the op, I haven't tried that jacket but what I DO use is a black ECWS waterproof parka with out the liner. Works great with or with out my pack. :)

Techno

moof53
06-29-2012, 09:41
Found it! Duh!!!!!! Daypak not Daypack! It was late and after 5:00 PM. What can I say.