PDA

View Full Version : When you order a new piece of gear.

Veetack
06-29-2012, 15:22
So I ordered a Golite Quest 50 a few days ago and it's supposed to arrive today. I woke up at 3, which is 2 hours early for me (I work night shift), and I'm checking for UPS every 10 minutes or so. I just started thinking that I do this every time I order new gear that is being shipped. I'm not back on the trail until Monday, but I'm dying to get that pack and start playing. Does anyone else do this? I feel like a kid on Christmas during these times.

hikerboy57
06-29-2012, 15:49
i just ordered a wm bag for my august section hike, and although i already know what the bag looks like, feels like, i still cant wait for it to arrive, should see it tomorrow.im not sure what ill do with it when i get it, but i can practice stuffing it in my pack and taking it back out again.agonize over getting in the bag, crawling back out again, see how much warmer it is with a hat on,etc. i figure after several hundred practice sessions , ill be almost set for my hike!:rolleyes:

Llama Legs
06-29-2012, 16:22
Are you kidding, I love how excited you are!

Taking a minute to surf WB always brightens my day....unlike 99% of the other nasty, mean garbage on the internets.

Whack-a-mole
06-29-2012, 16:30
The only difference between big kids and little kids is the price of their toys!! By the way, how bout a little "trail magic" for that UPS guy. It's over a hundred degrees here today and a cold gatoraid can go a long way. Many people do not know that UPS package cars (delivery trucks) do NOT have a/c, and the only way you get a fan is if you buy your own.

hikerboy57
06-29-2012, 16:48
I'll have a camelbak filled with ice cold lemonade waiting for him/her

Double Wide
06-29-2012, 20:26
Oh yeah--I drive myself nuts waiting for the brown-suited Santa Claus after I've gone on a little shopping spree. And then as soon as it gets here the living room looks like the 'after' picture on Christmas morning. Lots of empty boxes and packing material scattered about. I haven't ordered too much in the past couple of months--it's been too damn hot to hike, I've been a little sick, and I've got most of my gear already. But that didn't stop me from using my REI dividend on a new Katadin Vario filter, a silk bag liner, and a pack cover a few weeks ago...

HikerMom58
06-29-2012, 20:30
ALL THE TIME!!!:p

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 21:42
So I ordered a Golite Quest 50 a few days ago and it's supposed to arrive today. I woke up at 3, which is 2 hours early for me (I work night shift), and I'm checking for UPS every 10 minutes or so. I just started thinking that I do this every time I order new gear that is being shipped. I'm not back on the trail until Monday, but I'm dying to get that pack and start playing. Does anyone else do this? I feel like a kid on Christmas during these times.

I do this as well would think its normal. Being excited for both the trail and the cool new gear. Have had to even re-order the same gear...but the UPS guy still makes me happy dropping the boxes off. Think it perhaps goes back to the spirit of Christmas and gifts...awesome Analogy Veetack.

star
07-02-2012, 21:47
My UPS guy asked me one time, "why do you always get stuff from Sierra Trading Post?" Those catalogs they send always have something else I think I need.

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 22:15
are you kidding me? I just got home from work to. find my new western mountaineering bag waiting for me. I I can't wait to put it in it's stuff sack and then take it out again'm in it right now.