PDA

View Full Version : Bear Encounter - Humorous

Adfischer
07-02-2012, 11:31
Funny video someone took of a bear encounter. Just goes to show they are not the ferocious beasts some people make them out to be.

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/5-NL-xtBffc

Rocket Jones
07-02-2012, 11:43
He's an idiot.

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 11:47
That fella is lucky, I think that bear was feelin cornerd, and was looking for an out.

tiptoe
07-02-2012, 12:20
He is an idiot, and not just for endangering himself. Thanks to the miracle of YouTube, he can share his stupidity with the world.

Adfischer
07-02-2012, 13:41
I agree he is an idiot, however these type of videos do help show how a bear might behave when in the presence of people (even idiots). The more you know about how bears behave, the more prepared you will be to handle them when in the wilderness. I wouldnt recommend doing what he did, but it does show that if you show dominance they will back off or even run away in most cases.

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 13:43
in most cases.
the only thing predictable about black bear behaviour is that they can be unpredictable.
but, yes, for the most part, eastern black bears are not dangerous.

Jim Adams
07-02-2012, 13:48
....the only thing predictable about idiots is that they an not predictable! LOL

geek

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 13:49
I agree he is an idiot, however these type of videos do help show how a bear might behave when in the presence of people (even idiots). The more you know about how bears behave, the more prepared you will be to handle them when in the wilderness. I wouldn't recommend doing what he did, but it does show that if you show dominance they will back off or even run away in most cases.Agree 100%, when you got em on the run, then you've gotta him on the run, just make sure he knows what his position is before you back off, or it could have a negative affect and back fire. Last year in a "Trail journal" by 'Lemur', he talks about seeing a bear and then immediately charging the bear, the bear fled, it worked that time. Though he said the bear was a juvenile, it could have gone very bad, and I wouldn't think this is the norm, but he felt comfortable, and more over confident, so Kudos on reminding bears that getting close to humans has consequences.

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 13:50
....the only thing predictable about idiots is that they an not predictable! LOL

geek

when i do hang my food, its not because of the bears!:)

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 13:54
when i do hang my food, its not because of the bears!:)Right after gram crackers and a nap time.:)

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 13:57
i think theres something like 28 gram crackers in an ounce

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 14:00
i think theres something like 28 gram crackers in an ounceWeenie:D...........

About_Time
07-02-2012, 14:00
Too bad the bear didn't get him. This would have been a sure thing for a "darwin" award:

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 14:06
Too bad the bear didn't get him. This would have been a sure thing for a "darwin" award:

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/Well it's 'About_Time, I've heard others speak of the "Darwin award", but did know it was a real thing/site, thanks for bringing me into the 21st century...About_Time.:)

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 14:08
Weenie:D...........

sorry socks, i just had to.

rocketsocks
07-02-2012, 14:18
sorry socks, i just had to.Oh I hear ya, I wouldn't have give it a second thought, 'Zingo', I'm a huge opertuist, it's all good!:)

star
07-02-2012, 21:18
+4: He's an idiot.

Hairbear
07-02-2012, 21:34
no long term survival instincts typical human

AjR
07-03-2012, 02:02
Agree 100%, when you got em on the run, then you've gotta him on the run, just make sure he knows what his position is before you back off, or it could have a negative affect and back fire. Last year in a "Trail journal" by 'Lemur', he talks about seeing a bear and then immediately charging the bear, the bear fled, it worked that time. Though he said the bear was a juvenile, it could have gone very bad, and I wouldn't think this is the norm, but he felt comfortable, and more over confident, so Kudos on reminding bears that getting close to humans has consequences.
I read Lemur's journal, very well written and put together. I thought for sure that mother bear with I think 4 cubs was going to go after him for sure, he got really lucky. Now, onto the story at hand;
Really guy?? Why would you show your stupidity to the world in such a fashion. When I see wildlife, I too ennjoy either taping and/or photographing it, but I'm usually not making a fool of myself then. Normally, I'm behind the camera, enjoying the fact that a bear, or a snake, or even a deer has decided to grace me with their presence, not act like a fool on camera then posting it to youtube for the world to see. If I'm correct (I don't that much about bears) that one looked pretty small, meaning he was probably a juvenile, dealing with humans for the first time. You were very fortunate. There is a reason that bears have been given such titles as ferocious and dangerous, BECAUSE THEY ARE. I agree with the aforementioned post, it's to bad, you almost qualified for a Darwin award...

Bearwalker
07-03-2012, 11:20
Wheres the video of where the momma bear runs out and bits his head off..hehe. What a tool.

Bearwalker
07-03-2012, 11:24
sheeesh..I really need to learn how to spell. I meant "bites".

Sarcasm the elf
07-03-2012, 21:46
I agree that black bears are generally not aggressive, But after about ten seconds of listening to that DB's monologue, a part of me started hoping that this bear would be the exception.

Wise Old Owl
07-03-2012, 21:59
bytes.... its hidden on the key....nevermind.... just foolin.

OzJacko
07-04-2012, 03:41
Over here we would describe that guy as being a few sheep short in the top paddock. Means idiot but much more fun to say....

nyrslr21
07-04-2012, 06:47
I have to say I was a little disappointed that moron didn't end up getting attacked.

BFI
07-04-2012, 07:15
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rPZNjtODzFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope this works... Bear, Man, Salmon

Mountain Mojo
07-04-2012, 07:51
OMG! What a dumbarse!!! Someone should've taught him to show some respect for the local wildlife... The bear was not disturbing him but rather the other way around, he was disturbing the bear! Ding~Dong gets my vote for Stupid Man Tricks lol for provoking the bear!!! Just a shame the bear had more manners than he obviously did...

vamelungeon
07-04-2012, 08:14
I like to see wildlife, but not necessarily interact with it. +5 on this guy being an idiot, and I too was disappointed he wasn't attacked. Even a small bear like that one could do some real damage to a human if it decided to do so.

bigcranky
07-04-2012, 10:41
The bear is clearly agitated and feeling cornered. When the bear stands up on his hind legs, he's trying to make himself look bigger. Note the lack of eye contact, too. I'm surprised that the bear didn't try a bluff charge, at the very least.

+1 on "idiot."

Pathfinder1
07-04-2012, 12:50
Hi...

That idiot obviously came from the shallow end of the gene pool. Talk about "bear baiting"...!!

MuddyWaters
07-04-2012, 20:57
I didnt find it humorous at all.
I had trouble deciding if the guy was an idiot, or just a jackass. I finally concluded both.

I would have rather the bear ate him.

hikerboy57
07-04-2012, 21:53
I didnt find it humorous at all.
I had trouble deciding if the guy was an idiot, or just a jackass. I finally concluded both.

I would have rather the bear ate him.
maybe there will be a sequel.

BFI
07-05-2012, 19:13
Law of natural selection at work folks.....