PDA

View Full Version : NYC 4th

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:08
Just wanting to see if any fellow thrus will be in NYC for the fourth? Looking to sight see with anyone tomorrow if your down. PM me if your free or just want to grab a drink and...talk trail or over priced NYC attractions.

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 20:11
"fellow thrus"?how many times have you thru hiked again?
can you please define a thru hike ?

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:15
Ok anyone who isnt all about proper wording? Never said I thru hiked in my post or ever...so would suggest not to waste space.

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:18
"fellow thrus"?how many times have you thru hiked again?
can you please define a thru hike ?
How many times have you thru hiked? Have you even attempted such a feat? No one can DEFINE a thru hike...it has too many meanings to too many people. What a thru is to one hiker is not for another...therefore use your own judgement what a "THRU HIKE" is.

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 20:24
How many times have you thru hiked? Have you even attempted such a feat? No one can DEFINE a thru hike...it has too many meanings to too many people. What a thru is to one hiker is not for another...therefore use your own judgement what a "THRU HIKE" is.

ive never pretended to be a thru hiker.you have. when you finish it, you'll be a thru hiker.not before.

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:27
Are you EVEN on trail this year at all? Or a pretender to the throne. Nor have I said I was a succesful thru hiker...just that I am a thru hiker. WORDING is KEY here everyone who attempts a thru hike is a THRU-HIKER...regardless if they finish or not.

WIAPilot
07-02-2012, 20:30
Are you EVEN on trail this year at all? Or a pretender to the throne. Nor have I said I was a succesful thru hiker...just that I am a thru hiker. WORDING is KEY here everyone who attempts a thru hike is a THRU-HIKER...regardless if they finish or not.

I would be really careful about the word "pretender."

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 20:31
and here i thought from your PM that you had actually read my posts.i get out 2 or 3 times a month usually have 2 weeks during the year to do sections,ive hiked over 5000 miles in my life and im doing maine SOBO in august, and if time allows ill head straight to springer. so although its more likely ill come home after 297 miles, I guess by your definition you could call me a thru-hiker(Ill at least hike thru maine..
by the way, have you heard of dale carnegie?

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:33
Forum: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/imagefiles/hiker.gif Class of 2012This is a private forum for only 2012 thru-hikers, please. GEE EVEN THE MODS HAVE NAMED THE FORUM CLASS OF 2012. Weird I know oh and look only for thru-hikers PLEASE. BOTH OF YOU GROW UP

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:35
I would be really careful about the word "pretender." DO YOU EVEN HIKE WIAPILOT? OR JUST BITCH AND MOAN?! This forum is for THRU-HIKERS 2012 ONLY!!!

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 20:35
no. i refuse to grow up, re my PM.
and you're not a thru hiker, so you posted in the wrong forum.

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:37
Your a moron. CLASS OF 2012 is for THRU-HIKERS...unless your a MOD back off. By the way Hikerboy? Hmmm 55 and still calling yourself a boy? Deep seated sexaulity issues would be my guess. Im a thru-hiker idiot I have yet to finish my thru.

IrishBASTARD
07-02-2012, 20:39
Be at 70 Park Avenue tomorrow evening six pm "Hikerboy" discuss what a thru hiker is to you. But mother of God over two thousand POSTS...Im arguing with a TROLL here.

max patch
07-02-2012, 20:40

But Roadside, oops, sorry, IrishBastard, earlier YOU did define a thru hike. You clearly stated that a thru hike is done in one constant hike start to finish - if you go home for a while or go somewhere else for a while you're just a section hiker. You said words had meanings or something to that effect. But now you still call yourself a thru-hiker when you've left the trail at least twice for funerals and now you're gonna party in NYC? Word of advice...the internet never forgets....

hikerboy57
07-02-2012, 20:41
good luck. get back to us when youve finished.ill be the first to congratulate you.but i dont believe you.
by the way, have you heard of dale carnegie?
and does this mean you wont share a beer with me on the 4th?

Rasty
07-02-2012, 20:42
Would "thrus" be past tense?

Can't we all just get along!

Alligator
07-02-2012, 20:48
I think you all should chill out, stop following each other around, and use the ignore button a little more often.

This is being copied over to the Hooking Up forum. It follows a more Straight Forward format, which is indicated by the white background of that forum. Same thing for the Ride Board.