PDA

View Full Version : Thru hiking after surgery.

sublimety
07-06-2012, 16:41
I was wondering if anyone out there is or was in a similar boat as myself. I have had 2 ACL reconstructions and getting ready to have my second foot surgery (all since february) How did your legs hold up? I know everyones different but did you have any problems in certain areas? did you wear the athelitic braces? just tendon straps? Any info of your personal experiences would be helpful.

keepinitsimple
07-07-2012, 14:53
I have had 2 knee operations, and need neck and back operations. I always pack 2 different knee braces- no matter how good I feel. I also have a fair amount of duct tape. I always have a few serious pain killers in my ditty in case of a bad situation and I need to crawl to the road. By all rights I should not be hiking- but I cant give it up, will never give it up.

sublimety
07-11-2012, 00:42
I wondered about bringing my braces but they are heavy and uncomfortable, I think I am going to leave them and have them shipped if I feel I need them. I understand about not being able to give it up. I trained and ran Warrior Dash last year on 2 torn acl's, I made my mind up and I just fought through the pain. Thanks for your input.

Danl
07-11-2012, 10:02
I had foot surgery in Dec 2012 and still am trying to get my feet and legs under me due to bad advice from the surgeon.

sublimety
07-12-2012, 13:44
What did you have done?

leaftye
07-12-2012, 14:34
I had foot surgery in Dec 2012 and still am trying to get my feet and legs under me due to bad advice from the surgeon.

What was that bad advice?