PDA

View Full Version : Road to Damascus-NOBO from GA

GAD
07-08-2012, 18:16
Looking for a follower of Jesus Christ to hike with. Been alone for the last three shelters...I'm going to VA. Anyone interested I'll be in Suches till Tuesday morning. Hebrews 13:20-21

ChinMusic
07-08-2012, 19:47
Looking for a follower of Jesus Christ to hike with. Been alone for the last three shelters...

Isn't that a contradiction?

GAD
07-08-2012, 20:34

Sorry...for you technical readers...I have been physically alone. For you spiritual readers...

How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up? (Deuteronomy 32:30 KJV)

GAD
07-09-2012, 07:32
In case you guys are wondering about the heat. I've been putting on 7 miles every three hours between 6 and noon and taking a break the rest of the day and the weather has been gorgeous. At night I have to get in my mummy bag to stay warm.

wornoutboots
07-09-2012, 10:47
I suggest hiking into a town & visitng a local church if you feel the need to converse with fellow Believers. On trail, the Lord will give you exactly what you need! Peace & Happy Hiking!

GAD
07-09-2012, 12:06
I suggest hiking into a town & visitng a local church if you feel the need to converse with fellow Believers. On trail, the Lord will give you exactly what you need! Peace & Happy Hiking!

I haven't found a church that follows Jesus Christ, yet. That is why I said a follower of Jesus, not a Christian.

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: (Isaiah 29:13 KJV)

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:16 KJV)

And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. (Ezekiel 33:31 KJV)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (Matthew 15:8 KJV)

This is the reason I am on the trail. Get my drift?

Red Hat
07-09-2012, 12:36
When you meet the GA Ridgerunner, you'll find a fellow believer. The Blueberry Patch is now closed for the season, but you might call and talk to Gary and Lenni anyway, as their hostel is their mission. Best wishes on your hike from another AT hiking Christian.

There are no perfect churches, as their are no perfect Christians. I found it interesting to try and catch services at different churches along the trail either Sunday or Wednesday evenings.

ChinMusic
07-09-2012, 12:37
Do you guys wear any type of clothing that identify you from a distance?

Red Hat
07-09-2012, 12:43

LOL, Chinmusic, I'm guessing you want to identify us so you can avoid us.... nope I wear a kilt and tshirt like most other hikers. A couple on the AT did have shirts that said their hike was dedicated to Jesus this year. Don't worry, most of us don't want to proceletyze, we just want to hike, live, and love.

GAD
07-09-2012, 13:00
There are no perfect churches, as their are no perfect Christians.

Jesus must be a liar then.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 KJV)

Thanks for the advice, though.

GAD
07-09-2012, 13:05

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. (Numbers 6:24-26 KJV)

Odd Man Out
07-09-2012, 13:29

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 KJV)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 NIV)

And also, the verse you quoted (Matthew 5:48) is in reference to the command to associate with others than your brethren, so why not hike with a non-follower?

Airman
07-09-2012, 14:12
Do you only hike with Christians? If you are a follower of Jesus, do as he would do. I think he would prefer hiking with someone who is not saved, that way, his actions would be a testament for nonbelievers to change. You don't need a doctor if you are not sick; therefore, let your light shine for all.

ChinMusic
07-09-2012, 14:14
Must come in handy when crossing the Kennebec.......

Red Hat
07-09-2012, 14:55

He certainly is not a liar, but He is the only one who is perfect. We are to strive to be like Him, though most of us miss by miles!

Red Hat
07-09-2012, 14:58
If I only hiked with believers, I would be hiking alone even more than I do. Most of my AT GA-ME in 2010 was with other folks. Not sure my "light" was shining the way I had hoped.

GAD
07-09-2012, 16:03
Do you only hike with Christians? If you are a follower of Jesus, do as he would do. I think he would prefer hiking with someone who is not saved, that way, his actions would be a testament for nonbelievers to change. You don't need a doctor if you are not sick; therefore, let your light shine for all.

Actually, I'd rather not hike with a Christian.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:11 KJV)

Be ye not unequally yoked together
with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 KJV)

I'm sorry you disagree with God. I do to sometimes, but at the end of the day...

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. (Romans 3:4 KJV)

GAD
07-09-2012, 16:06
Whoever the admin is, can you please close this thread. Thank you.

ekeverette
07-09-2012, 17:25
amen! amen!

driver
08-23-2012, 22:12
Lol yes it is lol.....

free66
08-23-2012, 22:19
Uhmmm. Wow.

Gray Blazer
08-24-2012, 07:02
I've been on the road to Damascus.

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:09

Pretty good!

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:18

I always found it interesting that the only people Jesus threw rocks at were the religious people and the people he hung out with were all "sinners". He seemed to fit in okay with the prostitutes, tax collectors and other undesireables but just couldn't fit in with those religious guys...moral to the story...dont get too "religious" be of any good to anyone.

The Cleaner
08-24-2012, 16:18
I would think that if one is a "Born Again" christian ,you are never alone as Jesus is always with you.But at night you wouldn't hear Jesus snoring&farting......

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:19

If you run across a true follower of Christ it wont be written on his shirt sleeve.

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:29
Whoever the admin is, can you please close this thread. Thank you.

Why are you reading it?

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:30
I've been on the road to Damascus.

See any bright lights?

Drybones
08-24-2012, 16:35
I would think that if one is a "Born Again" christian ,you are never alone as Jesus is always with you.But at night you wouldn't hear Jesus snoring&farting......

Thanks for the laugh Cleaner...pretty good. Most people dont realize God has a sense of humor too...just look at all these screwed up people he made...I believe there's a recall issued to fix the problems though.

kayak karl
08-24-2012, 17:10
you probably don't believe in physics, but i picture a long lonely hike to the Big K in your future.

The Cleaner
08-24-2012, 17:34
you probably don't believe in physics, but i picture a long lonely hike to the Big K in your future.
He may not get past Damascus.If that wooden Jesus(which may violate commandment #2) is still there.BOLO for lightening strikes upon his arrival....

kayak karl
08-24-2012, 17:37
he can't find a church in the bible belt??
i better tell Larry to bolt down his tables :)

Kryptonite
08-24-2012, 18:01
I haven't found a church that follows Jesus Christ, yet. That is why I said a follower of Jesus, not a Christian.

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: (Isaiah 29:13 KJV)

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:16 KJV)

And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness. (Ezekiel 33:31 KJV)

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (Matthew 15:8 KJV)

Holy Mother of God. I am a believer in Christ, but even I would not want to hike with you. How can you say that among all the churches you have passed, none are "worthy" enough or religious enough for you? You quote scripture, yet you are coming across as an arrogant and smug Believer. Read your Bible again. You sound exactly like the Pharisees, who during Christ's time were considered to be "the most religious" sect. Jesus admonished them for their legalistic views and told them that their love toward their Heavenly Father and fellow man was what was important. Jesus was constantly surrounded by sinners and the "unpure." "To be unevenly yoked" is primarily referring to marriage with a non-believer.

HikerMom58
08-24-2012, 18:27

I'm trying to understand ...:confused:

kayak karl
08-24-2012, 18:45
You quote scripture, yet you are coming across as an arrogant and smug Believer.
even Satan knows the Bible and he loves to quote scripture and theology.

HikerMom58
08-24-2012, 18:52

That is true.....

I think this OP is confuzzled. It's ok tho... it's hard to figure out where someone is coming from when you're on this site.

WingedMonkey
08-24-2012, 19:14

How do you know?

Maddog
08-24-2012, 19:15
IB is that you? Maddog:D

kayak karl
08-24-2012, 19:34
How do you know? because the bible says so.

AKBOb
08-24-2012, 19:37

Post of the day! Thx for the laugh

HikerMom58
08-24-2012, 23:27
Post of the day! Thx for the laugh

Haha!! AKBob and Maddog.... someone is playing with us & pulling our leg....:D This can't be serious. LOL!!! Giddy up!!

T-Rx
08-25-2012, 08:21

Great post Maddog. LMAO!

HikerMom58
08-25-2012, 10:45
Great post Maddog. LMAO!

That IS really funny but the funniest thing for me was that, I, (clueless HikerMom) found Maddog's post funny. LOL. I'm sure I'm still really clueless but it's all good:D I'm sure it's better that way!:p