PDA

View Full Version : SOBO Bubble?

StichBurly
07-08-2012, 19:47
Does anyone know where the SOBO Bubble is? I am in Gorham currently. Bring on the Whites.

kayak karl
07-08-2012, 21:30
are there enough SOBO's at any given time to make a bubble? everybody was so spread out on start dates and not nearly the numbers of hikers that are NOBO.

StichBurly
07-09-2012, 07:51
are there enough SOBO's at any given time to make a bubble? everybody was so spread out on start dates and not nearly the numbers of hikers that are NOBO.
When i left katahdin on june 8th there was 164 sobo ahead of me. This is a record breking year for sobo.

Red Hat
07-09-2012, 09:59
wow, that's a lot of early starters for SOBO! I tend to agree with Karl that they are usually pretty spread out...

wornoutboots
07-09-2012, 10:18
I thought that was one of the beauties of hiking sobo, no bubbles??

Miner
07-09-2012, 10:31
Clearly the bubble can't have left since I haven't started yet.

AngryGerman
07-20-2012, 11:51
Word on the street is... there are over 400 SOBO's to start so far, that being the largest number ever for any given year at this point! Of course I haven't confirmed this yet but I am sure someone in the know could probably do that for us!

I will have to investigate this when I get up to Baxter State Park tomorrow!:)

Later gators!

TheBirdman
07-20-2012, 12:51
I'd like to know about any bubble as well. Another section hiker and myself were wanting to pass out some goodies in the NC/GA sections later this year for those thru-hikers getting closer and closer to the finish.

Virginia Archer
10-21-2012, 23:01
Ran into 5 SOBO's on a day hike to mcafee's knob saturday. and Keeping track of another SOBO thru Facebook. 1 of the 5 we met on the trail saturday was Kansas Express and he's moving along ruffly 30-35 a day. the guy I'm keeping track of just messaged me earlier tonight saying he's in between bubbles and trying to catch up with someone further up and he's about 25 miles south of SR 60 in Va as of tonight! I have also seen Pictures of some of the SObo's getting to Mountain Crossing the past cpl days.