PDA

View Full Version : A gear website with user reviews?

dep
04-22-2005, 13:10
I've really grown to like websites that have "user reviews" associated with each product... A rating of 0-5... I really like campmor.com for gear, but noticed the site doesn't have this type of rating system.. A shame.

Are there any really good gear websites that either A) Sell gear and have user reviews associated with them or B) Simply review all types of trail gear?

thanks for any help. Doing some quick Googling wasn't working for me.

dep

Footslogger
04-22-2005, 13:21
I think "Backcountrygear.com" does a pretty good job. Then there is backpackinglight.com too, but in order to get access to the detailed reports you need to take a membership ...I think it's $25/year.

'Slogger
AT 2003

dougmeredith
04-22-2005, 13:45
Are there any really good gear websites that either A) Sell gear and have user reviews associated with them or B) Simply review all types of trail gear?
Try www.backpackgeartest.org

Doug

SGT Rock
04-22-2005, 13:52
I think what you are looking for based on your description is not the backpackgeartest.org, although I think that is one of my favorite places to check on gear. I think, based on your description, you are looking for a place that had reviews in the catalog. Some catalog software allows people to review the gear so you see it with the description of the product - sort of like you can get for books at Amazon.com