PDA

View Full Version : App that will combine two iphones into a stereo (bluetooth or wifi)

fuzz
07-11-2012, 23:23
I have this apple app called "Stereo Speakers" on two iPad2's running ios 5 and it works great to make a much larger stereo sound out of two idevices connected through bluetooth or wifi. Might be useful for people carrying iphones who want a little non-headphone music now and again, which must be a growing population out there. It also doubles the volume possible on what you are playing, but don't abuse that one. Despite some negative reviews I have had nothing but a positive experience out of this $1 app and I don't work for the app developer. Both iPads seem to be in perfect sync with each playing a single part of the stereo channel. It only plays a single song at a time and the song must be on both phones, but it is nice if you make a single song out of a playlist ahead of time.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stereo-speakers/id409993620?mt=8

Sandy of PA
07-12-2012, 15:40
Non headphone music is rude to the hikers who would like to hear the birds and bugs. If you need a stereo, why are you hiking?

verasch
07-12-2012, 18:28
Non headphone music is rude to the hikers who would like to hear the birds and bugs. If you need a stereo, why are you hiking?

If no one is around, is it still rude?

Spokes
07-12-2012, 20:32
Can it be used to prevent bear attacks?

10-K
07-12-2012, 20:56

You use your Sawyer in-line water filter for that...

verasch
07-12-2012, 21:46

If you tether the iPhones together with a 3mm cord, you can use them as nunchucks!

SCRUB HIKER
07-12-2012, 22:52
So after four years of not posting to WhiteBlaze, why are you suddenly telling us about this app that has NOTHING to do with hiking? Your description of it is completely general and doesn't even tie it to hiking at all. Your post has been reported as advertising.

Theosus
07-13-2012, 07:20
Who carries two iPhones or iPads? I don't like taking the one phone, but my wife likes the nightly "I'm alive" text. They make headphones for that. Music on the iPhone's speaker just sucks, and is irritating, stereo or not. It makes you one of those "cell phone DJ" types walking around the mall trying desperately to look tough. For the weight of a second iPhone and the battery packs youll need to keep them going, you can probably just find a little pair of external speakers. Tie them to the pack and you could be like the boom box guys in the 80s!

Spokes
07-13-2012, 09:45
Who carries two iPhones or iPads?...

Rainbow Family members?

WingedMonkey
07-13-2012, 11:31
So after four years of not posting to WhiteBlaze, why are you suddenly telling us about this app that has NOTHING to do with hiking? Your description of it is completely general and doesn't even tie it to hiking at all. Your post has been reported as advertising.

Probably same reason you never posted to Whiteblaze until you claimed a thru-hike. He just had other things to do.

:banana

10-K
07-13-2012, 13:33
Probably same reason you never posted to Whiteblaze until you claimed a thru-hike. He just had other things to do.

:banana

You remembered!

leaftye
07-13-2012, 13:45
Stereo might be weird for two people. I think mono would be better. For that, some Occupiers developed an app that helped with mic checks over a broad area. I wonder if that would work. Something like that would be best I think, although I'm not crazy about music being broadcasted while walking down the trail. I want to throw rocks at people that do that.

karo
07-13-2012, 17:15
Duct Tape! Problem solved!

fuzz
11-10-2012, 22:21
I didn't think this would be a very popular post but take it easy. I found some utility in this app since I hike with my wife now and we both have an iDevice. The effect is cool but that is all. I wouldn't dare use the app on the trail since that is what headphones are for, but it can be nice in a hotel room or chilling while having a burger in trail towns.

I haven't done a thru-hike yet but I traded it for something better and have much longer to plan. It's only about 19 more years until my kids are through college. Life happens, but it won't get in the way of fulfilling the mutual dream we all share on this forum.