PDA

View Full Version : LEKI Corklite or Torngat Makula ?

Astro
07-12-2012, 11:45
Hi, I am looking to buy new hiking poles (started out low end with Swizzgear and looking to move to something better). Looking at LEKI Corklite ($120) and LEKI Torngat Makula ($80). The Corklite "look/sound" better, while the Torngat Makula cost a 1/3 less at Campmor (but must be discontinued since no longer on LEKI website). Both have speedlock.

Does any one out there have any experience with either set, or any advice to share?

Spokes
07-12-2012, 12:02
I like the handles on the Leki-X Antishock Trek poles that save you even more money.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___28786?cm_vc=PDPZ1

I'm not a fan of the corklite material.

Kerosene
07-12-2012, 12:43
Interesting, in that I have the opposite opinion of Spokes -- I prefer the corklite handles to the "soft grips". I've used both for long section hikes, and the corklite's provide a smidgen more airflow so my hands aren't quite as sweaty. Plus, they just feel better in my hands than the soft grips.

Spokes
07-12-2012, 14:11
Ha! Go figure Kerosene...... those corklite handles tear my hands up!
Too funny.

Astro
07-13-2012, 00:38
Now this is what is great about WhiteBlaze! You ask a question and get two different opinions, but both are based upon experience and they explain why they perfer what they do. And best of all they disagree with respect and find the humor in it.

Now I still am not sure yet whiich poles I am going to buy, but I do feel more informed about the pro and cons than I did before I posted the question. Thanks Spokes and Kerosene for both the feedback, and showing why WhiteBlaze is such a great place!