PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania fire risks

Happypappy
04-22-2005, 18:09
Just thought I would let everyone from out of the area know:
Right now there are numerous brush fires cropping up in Northeast Pa, and a number of counties have issued bruning bans. These bans include, of course, campfires. Most of the area northeast of the Susquehanna river is very dry right now. They are calling for cooler and wetter weather this weekend, so this may help.
Be careful, everyone.

Ted, aka happypappy

saimyoji
04-23-2005, 21:33
Flash flood warnings on tonite for E. PA from Bethlehem up through Nazareth. Anyone hiking on the trail is in for a wild night. Lots of lightning, torrential rains where I am. A great night for a camp fire. :bse

Crash
04-24-2005, 18:26
I saw a sign at the trailhead to Peters Mtn ewhich said there was a fire ban on from april to july (forgot the exact dates). but I havent seen that at other trailheads. Anyone know what gives?

Happypappy
04-24-2005, 18:47
I saw a sign at the trailhead to Peters Mtn ewhich said there was a fire ban on from april to july (forgot the exact dates). but I havent seen that at other trailheads. Anyone know what gives?

They probably have not paid too much attention to the trails yet, but they are advertising it pretty heavily on the tv newscasts. Pretty much everything from the river north is currently under a no burning ban.

Ted

Happypappy
04-24-2005, 18:48
They probably have not paid too much attention to the trails yet, but they are advertising it pretty heavily on the tv newscasts. Pretty much everything from the river north is currently under a no burning ban.

Ted

forgot to add, the ban is in effect for at least 30 days ( end of may, approx.) but may be extended if conditions warrant.

Ted

c.coyle
04-24-2005, 21:33

Just curious. Was that at the Route 325 (north) or the Route 225 (south) end?