PDA

View Full Version : GoLite Daypack?

Hawker
07-13-2012, 17:14
I want to buy a light weight daypack and was all set to go with a Golite Rush 10L. However I talked with them today and they said the 10L is sold out and won't be back in stock until next Spring. However they do have a few 8L models left in stock although they are dropping that from the line entirely next year because of lack of interest. Wondering if that will be large enough?

http://www.golite.com/packs-and-luggage/hydration-and-day-packs

When my wife and I day-hike I generally carry all the gear and our hikes are no more than ten miles and generally five-six. Three 16oz water bottles (large cycling bottles) two lunches, couple of energy bars and camera. Do you think the 8L would be up to the task or should I look for something a bit larger?

Thanks.

Rasty
07-13-2012, 18:31
I've been looking at the 20 liter version to use as a travel/day hike pack. If your not carrying any rain gear or insulation then the 8 liter would adequately carry your list. My normal day hiking load which includes rain gear, 2 liters of water, a couple of bars and a microfleece top fits into my 8 liter fanny pack. The 8 liter might be tight for two if you have anything not on your list.

Veetack
07-13-2012, 19:45
the pack comes with a 3 liter bladder. I have the rush 10 and I love it, carried a lot more stuff than I expected. However, I really streched the pack to its capacity. I think if I were you I'd go with the 20. I'd rather have too much room versus not enough.

Hawker
07-13-2012, 19:57
Thanks guys, I'll give this some thought.