PDA

View Full Version : Marmot sleeping bag weights

Drybones
07-15-2012, 12:28
I have two Marmot bags and neither is close to the spec weight. One is a Pinnacle long with a spec weight of 2lb, 12oz and weighs 3lb, 2oz. The other is an Atom with a spec weight of 1lb, 5oz and weighs 1lb, 10oz. Anyone else have this problem with Marmot bags? These are both nice bags but I primarily use a Sub-Kilo bag I bought at a REI scratch and dent sale to get the weight/temperature rating I want. After adding 3oz of down to the REI bag I have a bag weighing 2lb, 2oz and good to at least 19 degrees.

fredmugs
07-15-2012, 15:49
Did you buy a "long" model and mistakenly compare them to the specs for a regular model?

Miner
07-15-2012, 15:52
Well mine are were around 2-3 oz over their published spec (an atom and a 30deg bag). But I bought them prior to 2008. In fact, my atom had a published spec of 16oz and came in at 18oz, so has their weight really gone up since then? I'd hope that they just increased the loft rather then using heavier materials.

If your weights are that far off, my first question is are you including the stuff sack (they don't normally do so) but that would be one heavy stuff sack that I'd be quick to replace. My other question is how confident are you in the accuracy of your scale?