PDA

View Full Version : Eno doublenest - struggling with setup

Rkoi
07-16-2012, 14:33
Love sleeping in the eno doublenest...by myself. But it seems as if the weight of another person ends up stretching the straps too thin - almost feels as if the hammock itself is going to rip in two. I've been using carrabeeners and the black tree strap in conjunction with some thick yellow rope as reinforcement....though it works it seems like a bit of a shaky setup - any suggestions would be much appreciated. (I would love to not have to purchase any new equipment :)).

Loneoak
07-16-2012, 14:42
If your using Eno straps, they are nylon which do stretch. Change them out for some polyester straps. Some folks order straps from cottage makers, others buy some tie down straps from somewhere like walmart and make there own. For more information on hammocks, go to www.hammockforums.net

Nutbrown
07-16-2012, 14:49
I really think the double is not intended for 2 people. They may market as such, I don't know, but I think the added material is for comfort of one person. Wider = comfy. Have you given thought to a diy hammock? You can get ripstop from a fabric store, or get some from a supplier like www.diygearsupply.com (http://www.diygearsupply.com) The fabric for the hammock will run about $4-10/yard depending on the quality of the ripstop. And if you think you can't sew a straight like to save your life, don't worry. It is nice to have sewn edges to prevent threading, but in a pinch you can just run a flame along the edges to seal the nylon. but warning the material is flamable, so be supper careful and do it outside so you don't burn you or your house down.
If you were bunking to be all close and romantic, the one hammock should hold if you two are within the weight range.