PDA

View Full Version : Getting from Toronto, Canada to Salisbury, Connecticut

Sarah1520
07-17-2012, 18:35
Hey everyone,

I'm starting my hike on the trail near Salisbury and I'm trying to find a way to actually get to Salisbury. I've been trying the greyhound website to try and look at where the bus goes but it doesn't show up. Any recommendations on what to do and how to get from Toronto to Salisbury?

Thanks!

RED-DOG
07-17-2012, 18:57
Try AMTRAK or you might be able to go to NYC and get a MERTZ bus which is ran by greyhound to Salisbury.

WingedMonkey
07-17-2012, 19:12
Greyhound will take you from Toronto to Canaan CT, which is next to Salisbury using Peterr Pan Bus connection. Then use the ATC shuttle list to find a ride to the trail.

WingedMonkey
07-17-2012, 19:15
Greyhound will take you from Toronto to Canaan CT, which is next to Salisbury using Peterr Pan Bus connection. Then use the ATC shuttle list to find a ride to the trail.

Change that to Bonanza Bus connections not Peter Pan.

Driver8
07-18-2012, 02:41
If you fly to Bradley Airport near Hartford on a day reasonably convenient to me, I will drive you to Salisbury for gas money plus a light lunch - Subway or the like. For me, it's a free trip to get out for a hike in the area, so I don't charge what someone would who does it for a job. PM me if this might work for you - weekends and Fridays are better than Mon-Thurs.

Driver8
07-18-2012, 02:44
PS: I wouldn't expect to hike with you, by the way. I've hiked most of Salisbury and the area northward in Mass, so I'd probably hit another section of trail north or southward.

Sarah1520
07-18-2012, 21:03
Thank you so much!! I can't tell you how much this advice helps, I'm not familiar with the area that isn't my trail map at all. Definitely appreciated!!!