PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Resturants?

Turtle Feet
04-24-2005, 16:51
My hiking bud and I were just discussing the Trail over a Japanese lunch, and I said "won't you miss this on the Trail?", and he said, "maybe we can find Japanese!".

Well, how 'bout it --- any Japanese resturants along the way? Good, bad or otherwise?

The Cheat
04-24-2005, 17:19
My hiking bud and I were just discussing the Trail over a Japanese lunch, and I said "won't you miss this on the Trail?", and he said, "maybe we can find Japanese!".

Well, how 'bout it --- any Japanese resturants along the way? Good, bad or otherwise?
I'm in New York, and when you are near the RPH shelter you are only a 10 minute drive from Hopewell Junction, which has a very good sushi place.

As a matter of fact, anywhere in Dutchess County, NY is only about 1/2 hour drive from Poughkeepsie, which has a couple of good sushi places. You're in Dutchess from the Shenandoah Tenting Area until you leave New York.

saimyoji
04-24-2005, 17:58
...but there are a couple good places in Allentown, PA.

Sleepy the Arab
04-25-2005, 01:50
The Yokohama in Gorham, N.H. claims Japanese food. I don't know how authentic, but the portions are enormous for what you pay. Pretty good food too. Anyway, it's on the main road on the Hiker's Paradise side of the McDonalds.

dperry
04-25-2005, 01:54
Mr. Tarlin can confirm this for me, but I dined at a Chinese place in Hanover once, and if I remember correctly, they also served Japanese. I would think that somewhere in the Valley (Hanover/Lebanon/WR Jct.) there's got to be at least one Japanese place.

Askus3
04-25-2005, 21:25
The Gasho House in Central Valley, NY (highly recommended) is about 8 miles north on NY17/NY 32 from the AT crossing of NY 17 in Arden.