PDA

View Full Version : Stop Your Snoring on AT

SunnyWalker
07-23-2012, 22:44
Hey, alright, I confess, I am a snorer. I mean, big time snorer! When I snore the ground shakes! My son came home for some time off from the USAF a few years back and showed me what he used to stop snoring at night.

Pure Sleep snoring solution. You can see it at: PureSleep.com

It looks like a mouthpiece we wore when playing football in school. You purchase it, get it home and your custom fit it to your teeth and mouth.

Neat thing about it is, it works! I don't snore, don't wake myself up anymore and its sure worth the money. I intend to bring it on AT and so am pushing it so I don't have to listen to others snoring!! (ha, ha).

OK you happy campers . . . .er, ah, uh, hikers -happing snorning! :D

Sly
07-23-2012, 22:50
I've always been leery of products that don't give you the price up front. Try it for 30 days, only $9.95 shipping. That's after you give them a credit card number.

OK, how much did your mouth piece set you back?

SunnyWalker
07-23-2012, 23:11
If I remember right, it was about $60.00 You'll have to remember my son had one and he told me they really work. Stopped his snoring stone cold. So I now have two of them! (I travel a lot). They really work.

rocketsocks
07-23-2012, 23:17
That's awesome, do they make one for a Dog, she's snores worse then I ever did...sheeeez, glad that's working for you, it really is a big deal for the ones you love, it can bring some to divorce, or so I've heard. Hey whatever works

Wise Old Owl
07-23-2012, 23:26
Dave admits to snoring? go home its almost midnight ...good night.

Pumba
07-24-2012, 07:08
I use Breathe Right nasal strips and they help. If anything, it opens my nasal passages to help me breath easier. Doesn't eliminate my snoring, but does help reduce it.

Don H
07-24-2012, 07:12
If I stopped snoring I'd have to change my trail name!

snorz
07-24-2012, 10:08
If it works so well,will we get more visits from critters?

Spokes
07-24-2012, 12:15
It may work in the comfort of your home but can you imagine how dirty nasty that thing would get on a thru hike?

Wonder what funky stuff would grow all over it after throwing it in a ziplock bag stuffed inside a dark backpack all day long?

It'd make me think twice of popping it in my mouth before bed time...... :o

Whack-a-mole
07-24-2012, 13:31
That's what a toothbrush and toothpaste are for.. OH THE HORROR, you'd have to carry more toothpaste. We just can't have that. Too much weight.

Snowleopard
07-24-2012, 15:02
Any serious snorer should be checked for sleep apnea. Losing 10% of your body weight will reduce snoring and sleep apnea. I went from SNORING and mild sleep apnea to snoring and no sleep apnea after losing weight. I have a cousin who had bad sleep apnea and got a CPAP; his improved sleep gave him the energy to exercise more and lose weight

Rain Man
07-24-2012, 15:12
It may work in the comfort of your home but can you imagine how dirty nasty that thing would get on a thru hike?

Wonder what funky stuff would grow all over it after throwing it in a ziplock bag stuffed inside a dark backpack all day long?

Then don't put it in a dark backpack at all. Put it up on top, in the UV sunlight. Same stuff a Steri-pen generates to sterilize water. :)

Rain:sunMan

pervy_sage
07-24-2012, 15:33
Newly approved devices/procedures for apnea and snoring:

http://www.pillarprocedure.com/

http://www.proventtherapy.com/index.php

I have apnea that won't be alleviated by weight loss, and can't go more than a couple days without the cpap machine. Looking into these as alternatives for my thru next year, otherwise I will be very unpopular and tired.

the goat
07-24-2012, 15:39
spent a night in a shelter in maine with a dude who must have had apnea, he kept us up all night. we should have been suspicious when his hiking companion set up camp about 100 yards away from the shelter!

Spokes
07-24-2012, 15:58
Then don't put it in a dark backpack at all. Put it up on top, in the UV sunlight. Same stuff a Steri-pen generates to sterilize water. :)

Rain:sunMan

lol. That's about as good as duct taping it to your hiking poles.

BFI
07-24-2012, 17:03
I was surprised at how quickly I got used to the snoring and it didnt bother me....

RedBeerd
07-25-2012, 10:22
On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. Probably cost him $3 and everyone slept great.

Spokes
07-25-2012, 13:00
On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. ......

Be glad it was a bag of ear plugs instead of corks....... :)

RedBeerd
07-26-2012, 09:21
On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. ......

Be glad it was a bag of ear plugs instead of corks....... :)

There would be many things I wouldnt want to see a bag of!

nataliecarter
08-15-2012, 00:57
The fact is snoring can be the result of a variety of elements. Snoring solutions (http://snoringsolutionsreviews.com/) should begin finding the particular factor that mainly cause the snoring of the particular person person. As soon as determined, just then is one able to find methods on how to cope with his/her individual situation, whether or not it’s curable, whether it would require financial surrender and if the outcome can really make up the things you need to give up simply to stop snoring.

The_watch_guy
08-15-2012, 17:33
snoring by itself doesn't meanyou have sleep apnea, you need to have a sleep study done for a positive diagnosis. Sleep apnea means you stop breathing while your asleep, loud snoring is just one of the symptoms.

pervy_sage
08-15-2012, 22:18
snoring by itself doesn't meanyou have sleep apnea, you need to have a sleep study done for a positive diagnosis. Sleep apnea means you stop breathing while your asleep, loud snoring is just one of the symptoms.

+1 on that. Helps if you have a significant other to notice the stopped breathing part. They do sell inexpensive pulse-ox monitors/data loggers that you can use if you suspect it but don't feel like doing an actual sleep study. If you get an oxygen level below 80%, go get a sleep study done sooner than later.

juma
05-20-2021, 19:28
Spent the nite in a shelter in smokies with some guy named “bagworm.” His wife had sewed two tennis balls in to back of his sleep Tshirt- you can imagine that look. He slid into his bag all the way out of sight and went to sleep and snored so hard he vibrated the whole shelter.

Big_Old_Dog
05-20-2021, 19:42
A hundred feet from two ladies hanging and they were so loud they kept me awake in my tent with earplugs. I asked what they liked about hammocks. Answer....the angle of the neck stops the snoring.

NY HIKER 50
05-21-2021, 08:49
Here's my spin: I will not go to any shelters any more since my snoring can blow the roof off. I have been subjected to much harassment. the heck with regulations. I'll p/u water and camp somewhere along the way It makes for a quieter night and I don't have to put up with crazy thrus.