PDA

View Full Version : Inferno insert necessary? Caldera Cone

Pioneer Spirit
07-27-2012, 14:12
I am going to pick up a TI caldera cone and a matching Evernew pot, is the inferno insert a needed option? I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and I tend to just heat water rather than cook.

Slosteppin
07-27-2012, 20:49
If you plan to use primarily wood for fuel then the inferno is easier to use and burns much better with wood as fuel. I've used my Ti-Tri both with and without the inferno insert. I think the insert makes if more efficient. If you plan to primarily use alcohol or Esbit for fuel and burning wood is more infrequent then it is easy to to do without the Infetno Insert.
I used my Caldera last year and only used wood for fuel a few times.

QiWiz
07-28-2012, 01:11
If you plan to use primarily wood for fuel then the inferno is easier to use and burns much better with wood as fuel. I've used my Ti-Tri both with and without the inferno insert. I think the insert makes if more efficient. If you plan to primarily use alcohol or Esbit for fuel and burning wood is more infrequent then it is easy to to do without the Infetno Insert.
I used my Caldera last year and only used wood for fuel a few times.

+1

Insert helpful but not necessary. It will help twigs burn more completely and use less twigs.