PDA

View Full Version : MLD Prophet

A1ien
08-06-2012, 09:08
Anyone have any thoughts on or experience with this pack??

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=106

2900ci/14.5oz

Thinking of switching from first generation GoLite Jam...

Miner
08-07-2012, 22:25
Since no one is responding, I'll give you some indirect feedback. I have a hiking friend who after doing the PCT with a Golite Pinnacle bought a MLD Exodus and used it for thru-hiking the CDT and AT. His baseweight was 10lbs or less and was pretty happy with it for both trails as it was durable and carried up to 25 lbs. well. I happily use a ULA CDT, though it weighs more at 17oz with the way I have it configured.

Grampsb
08-08-2012, 11:51
I've had a Phrophet for about 1 year and love it. I've used on 3 day 2 night trips including Dolly Sods. It's my favorite pack.

A1ien
08-08-2012, 13:21
I've had a Phrophet for about 1 year and love it. I've used on 3 day 2 night trips including Dolly Sods. It's my favorite pack.

Any thoughts on the optional (with additional charge) "lid"? Seems weird.

Zippy Morocco
08-08-2012, 16:32
I use the prophet and love it. Went through many other packs before finding this one. I have used it about 30 nights and wouldn't change a thing. I don't use any of the attachments though I did add a MYOG Cuben hip pouch.

I also use a 40" closed cell foam pad folded and tent poles from my tarptent to act as a frame. The foam double as ground protection for my inflatable pad.

My base weight is 12 lbs max in cold weather.

I would get another one if I lost this one for any reason.

SteelCut
05-25-2016, 10:41
I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with the more recent models of the Prophet (or Burn) and specifically the CF version.

Malto
05-25-2016, 11:54
I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with the more recent models of the Prophet (or Burn) and specifically the CF version.

I have both a new Burn and a 2010. I like the straps on the older pack better but the closing feature and side pockets of the new pack are better IMHO. OTher than that it is pretty much the same lovable pack that has worked well for six year and counting.