PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Phone? - Jerry's cabin shelter

Doctari
04-28-2005, 11:25
For years I read stories about the phone in Jerry's cabin shelter. I was so looking forward to "Using" it when I passed thru there in 02. Imagine my dissapointment when I saw it was gone. There was even someone there who could have taken my pic as I talked away on a "shelter phone".

So wuzzupwiththat?

Didn't there also used to be an "electrical outlet"? It to is missing.

Yes, I know they wern't really functional, all the same, it would have been fun & now they are gone. No doubt taken by some "spoilsport" :(

Doctari.

Nean
04-28-2005, 11:41
Believe it was a light switch. I remember when it was still a cabin too. Now that Sam Waddle is gone the place just ain't the same...

Sleepy the Arab
04-28-2005, 14:28
The electrical socket and the phone were removed when Sam Waddle retired from caretaking Jerrys Cabin. Who removed them? I suspect the person who replaced him. New brooms and such.

Speaking of the cabin, not too long ago there was a push to get it renamed in Sam's honor. The government refused because at the time, Sam wasn't deceased.

Just an idle thought.

SnakebiteSurvivor
04-29-2005, 03:56
There was also a computer mouse installed near the phone when I stopped here in 2000. Alas, all the silly stuff was gone last summer when I rehiked this section!

The Old Fhart
04-29-2005, 08:01
When I passed by Jerry Cabin in 1998, I recall it was there, too bad it's gone now. But the last time I was at the Rainbow Stream Lean-to in ME there was still an electrical outlet in a tree there.

neo
04-29-2005, 14:59
it was there in august 2001 when i was hiking that section.:cool: neo

Doctari
04-30-2005, 12:14
it was there in august 2001 when i was hiking that section.:cool: neo

Sad to report that by early April 2002 it was gone :datz

Maybe someone will put it back by time I thru in 2016ish.

Doctari.