PDA

View Full Version : Jan 11-12 Wyah Gap to Wesser

MedicineMan
12-24-2002, 02:02
Looks like January 11 and 12th we will be hiking the Wyah Gap to Wesser section on the AT....of course any interested are invited to join us. Meet at Wyah Gap at 8:30 Saturday morning and cross the bald with us. This will be Cathy's first overnighter on the trail-a milestone in her life and mine for sure. Considering this let the weather Gods be graceful and provide us with lows in the sixties and highes in the mid seventies!
I had planned on doing another section in Ga with the help of Mongstad but Cathy has stated a goal of hiking all the AT in NC and this will keep her moving toward her goal (and mine too). If successful she will have 50.8 NC AT miles.
Again fond remembrances of this section by former hikers are valuable to us so please share.
And no, won't be using the hammock on this trip, but probably will be using a Golite Den 2 for the first time....we need a shelter for 2 now and we are still debating the Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT vs. the Golite model, your thoughts would be welcome on this decision too.

Lone Wolf
12-24-2002, 02:15
Hmmm. Wayah gap to Wesser. A diverse little section. Nice grades except the last 5 miles or so into Wesser. You'll see. Let me know what ya think.

Waterbuffalo
01-06-2003, 12:17
Hey Sim Let me know how the parking is at Wayah Gap when you get back I'm taking 3 Highschool Kids From the Church youth Group on thier first Day hike (converting them to trail junkies!)on the 18th.

Thanks
WB

MedicineMan
01-06-2003, 22:45
Currently here in Northeast TN and Southwest Va we are experiencing a major winter snow storm---so I am fearful that Jeff and Nancy (Hike Inn out of Fontana) wont be able to shuttle us to Wyah Gap...but fingers are crossed since it is only Monday but the forecast looks bad for the next few days.