PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ....

ga>me>ak
04-28-2005, 18:07
Hello WB. It's been a couple of months since I've been on this site,but, I'm back. I am sorry to say that my father didn't make it with his cancer.
However, a friend of mine started last Sat. from the Hiker Hostel(near Springer), headed north for 3 months. She goes by wldmtnhoney or hikergirl, anyone have any info???

Moxie00
05-06-2005, 20:00
:sun Does anyone have any idea where Screamer from 2000 ended up?

Blister
05-29-2005, 13:42
The last I heard is that in 'oo' he tried to make it through the whites, but it got to cold for him. He left the then barn and nobody has seen him since. I liked him and I think the trail was amazing for him. For weeks I would find little packages of those Knorr pasta sauces left under the fly of my tent, having no idea how they got there. One day he asked me if how I liked them and I realized he was the gift giver. I know many people were afraid of him, but he was a really sweet guy given the situations he came from. I hope he is out there doing well.

Mini-Mosey
06-01-2005, 17:03
Ga-Me-Ak: My condolences on the passing of your dad.

BigE
07-19-2005, 11:27
:sun Does anyone have any idea where Screamer from 2000 ended up?
Spent the night (Friday July 8th) at Hightop hut with a guy by the name of "Screamer". He's from Brooklyn I think. Funny guy. He was headed North. There were a couple of NOBOs there and some section folks. Good group that night.

BigE

Footslogger
07-19-2005, 12:10
Hey BigE ...is that YOU (from 2003) or is this another hiker?? You were from Florida correct ?

'Slogger
AT 2003

BigE
07-22-2005, 16:02
Hey BigE ...is that YOU (from 2003) or is this another hiker?? You were from Florida correct ?

'Slogger
AT 2003

Naw - sorry Footslogger - I'm just a thru wanna-be from Virginia. I hiked a lot back in the 70's when I was a young'un. I'm back at it full force now, so in a way I'm a newbie of sorts. I got the name BigE cause my name is Evan and I'm 6'-8" about 250lbs. ;-) Not exactly the primo hiking frame but - what the hell! My son and I did a shake-down up to Hightop a couple of weeks ago and met a "seasoned" (he was doing a section) hiker by the name of "Screamer". He was from NY and talked loud as __ all the time. Funny guy - we enjoyed hanging out at Hightop hut with him and a few others that night. Sound like the same Screamer you guys are thinking of?

BigE

Nightwalker
07-22-2005, 20:18
I'm lookin' for a couple of guys too. Anybody run across Happyfeet or Bald-E? If they're still on the trail, they'd be well nigh up north by now. I hiked with 'em in GA and NC.

saimyoji
07-23-2005, 21:22
Sorry to hear about your father GAMEAK.