PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Meridian 1 four season.... One Person Tent.

Wise Old Owl
08-10-2012, 19:50
Don't know much about it, it's been used once in 5 years.Bought it for taking son on Backpacking Trips with Boy Scouts. Backpacking 4-season 1-person 3 lbs. 3 oz. vs. Seed House 2lb 8oz

Unique Feature you can sit up and get changed inside the tent.

Single person Stored all apart (Not in Stuff Sack) to insure longevity.

http://www.rei.com/skuimage/769572/220I roughly remember buying it around $280 and I can see the closeouts are $130 but they are all out of stock... It's unlikely I will use it other than back of car camping...

Question is, is it still sell able or do I find other uses for it.... It's an extra season over Seedhouse and an extra 11 ounces. its higher too. Comes with a clear micro window on the door. Staked out far more room. This is a big guy tent

Pedaling Fool
08-10-2012, 20:27
If I was still active I'd take it out to sea and shoot it up with a .50 cal. :D

Wise Old Owl
08-10-2012, 20:29
Ouch ..... JG....its big and would make a good target.... Yea I am still reading I bought it new in 07 might be worthwhile in parks where I cant use the HH.

I am still on the fence as the swelling comes down on the knee - maybe the hiking days are over.

So I checking the other websites would someone buy it at $80 vs spending $269 over Seedhouse?

Wise Old Owl
08-11-2012, 17:10
Just checking seriously folks weigh in... see above question.

Nutbrown
08-11-2012, 17:23
I think a good quality tent, 4 season, for $80. is one heck of a deal. I have someone in mind that might be interested if you really want to give it up. I'll pm you when I get the answer from them.

FamilyGuy
08-13-2012, 14:29
I agree. It would be a good deal if it WAS a 4 season shelter. Which it isn't.

Wise Old Owl
08-14-2012, 20:52
I agree. It would be a good deal if it WAS a 4 season shelter. Which it isn't.

Well FG - I have had that argument before with WB & Americans. I have seen similar arguments on BPL in the past. In other countries a four season is two layers of solid material of treated duck, rip stop or other material. I grew up with the Andre Jamlet. I loved it. But 4 season here is high wall & bucket floor so that makes us both old school and served. There's your sign.:rolleyes:

Franco
08-14-2012, 21:30
We can all have our version of how we perceive a "4 season" tent to be but generally the manufacturers do that for us.
From memory the Meridian 1 was always advertised as a 3 season tent.
Having a fabric inner does not turn a 3 season fly/pole structure into a 4 season either...
For example the new Hilleberg 3 season, like the Rogen, have a fabric inner.
Franco
Just curious WOL, what name do you post under at BPL ?

Wise Old Owl
08-14-2012, 21:37
Oh I don't, I lurk - a lot.