PDA

View Full Version : Keys Gap Parking Lot Vandalism Sunday Aug 12th 2011

Mrs Baggins
08-12-2012, 15:03
We left a car at the Keys Gap parking lot to hike NOBO to Harpers Ferry. Picked up my van at the Visitors Center and went back up to get the other car. Found that someone had driven a nail into the sidewall of the left rear tire. My husband just happened to look down there and see it before he got in to drive off. Changed to the spare and came on home. There is no way that tire picked up that nail on it's own - not that high up the sidewall. And it was definitely not there when we left our home this morning. This is not the first time I've been aware of vandalism in that lot and normally I leave my van there as it's older and not something someone would target. But this time we left hubby's very nice Mazda 6 up there. Bad move.

Mrs Baggins
08-12-2012, 15:14
Correction! TODAY, Sunday Aug 12 2012

HikerMom58
08-12-2012, 15:37
Well, that sucks!! :(

Mrs Baggins
08-12-2012, 15:41
Well, that sucks!! :(

It was one more thing this year.....we had 3 major appliances fail and need $$ repairs (none of them more than 2 1/2 yrs old; when our dishwasher failed in January it flooded the first floor and destroyed the finished basement area, and then the new dishwasher started to leak (caught it right away and got it fixed), and our dear old cat was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier in the year, and of course the tire that was vandalized today was a brand new one. But the worst was when our granddaughter was stillborn in June, just 2 months from the due date. It's been an awful awful year. :(

earlyriser26
08-12-2012, 16:00
I've parked there before, but that spot has one of the worst records for this sort of thing.

HikerMom58
08-12-2012, 16:51
It was one more thing this year.....we had 3 major appliances fail and need $$ repairs (none of them more than 2 1/2 yrs old; when our dishwasher failed in January it flooded the first floor and destroyed the finished basement area, and then the new dishwasher started to leak (caught it right away and got it fixed), and our dear old cat was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier in the year, and of course the tire that was vandalized today was a brand new one. But the worst was when our granddaughter was stillborn in June, just 2 months from the due date. It's been an awful awful year. :(

Aww.... that sounds like a terrible string of bad luck for you all. I'm sorry to hear all that happened to you and your family. This year will soon be over (can't believe how time flies). .. Hoping & praying things will be better for you in 2013. Thanks for sharing.

BOHICA
08-12-2012, 21:06
Locals discourage the adventures some seek on two feet, the same goes in Georgia and at trail heads. I had the same thing done to me on Trey Mtn back last october.