PDA

View Full Version : got a question, need some advice>

ekeverette
08-13-2012, 13:30
my thru hike ended in marion va. this year mid may. (family stuff).... i was going to get back on the trail mid. sept. this year and keep going as far as i could, until the cold runs me out..... (family stuff resolved now) .... my question, should i go now in mid aug. in the heat,bugs..ect... or start in mid. sept as planned??..... i know this is trivial..... but maybe there's some good wise advice out there from folks who have walked the walk....

the goat
08-13-2012, 14:05
if you go north to baxter and hike south, you could still easily finish your thru this year. just a thought....

Danl
08-13-2012, 15:49
if you go north to baxter and hike south, you could still easily finish your thru this year. just a thought..... Plus one. Go now to baxter and start south to finish.

House of Payne
08-13-2012, 17:49
I'd agree with both. Picking up and going north from where you left off may trouble you more than going south from Kat.

ekeverette
08-13-2012, 18:14
that's good advice, and thanks, but i really want to get on where i got off....( in no hurry), just retired..... i know i will not finish this year. i'm just sitting home on my thumbs, thinking about the trail.... if i wait until sept 14th, i think i could make it to harpers ferry, and then pick up there next yr.... i tell yea, once you get the trail in your head it's there! the only thing about starting in southern va right now i don;t think i'll see many folks like i did when i was with the thru clan. i don't like shelters, and always tented, i was just always a little more comfortable if there was at least another person within a shout....

grateful 2
08-13-2012, 18:38
I will be picking up my section hike on Sept 17 at Jenkins Shelter near Marion. Maybe we will see each other. Doing 160 miles in 12 days. Be glad for you to join me. Planning on finishing at Daleville. Should be a beautiful time of year around there.

ekeverette
08-13-2012, 19:11
i'll pm you...

attroll
08-14-2012, 01:25
Moved to the "General " forum.