PDA

View Full Version : Back Pack Question

bassbusterfiss
08-14-2012, 07:50
I have been searching the web to try and find a internal frame back pack with good external pockets. I like the internal frame packs because they fit better to the body but don't like the fact that if you put something in the pockets it takes an act of god to get anything out.I don't care too much for the external frame pack because of the way they keep me off balance and are so bulky. But most are designed with pockets that are easy to get things out. Does any one know of any internal frame packs that have external pockets?THANKS

kayak karl
08-14-2012, 08:06
i have a Mars 65 which was sold by REI. i don't know which one replaced it. it meets what you want and i use it to carry gear out for fishing camp. carries 50 lb easy, but i would never backpack with it. it's 6.5 lbs. :)

Nutbrown
08-14-2012, 08:19
The osprey have good pockets. The hip belt ones are a bit small, but I think the others are adequate.

Turk6177
08-14-2012, 10:34
http://www.ula-equipment.com These are great lightweight backpacks. I have the catalyst which has two hip belt pockets, and two side pockets. Check them out.

renais
08-14-2012, 10:56
I have a Mystery Ranch Trance with great back and side pockets. Loading the main part of the bag has virtually no impact on what I can put in the outside pockets. In addition, the pockets are quite strong, and have resisted tearing in some trying circumstances.

cmich
08-14-2012, 16:20
I have a Gregory Z55 which has nice outside pockets. It has 2 hipbelt pockets, 2 water bottle pockets, an outside zipper pocket, a outside stretch stuff pocket, and of course the top lid pocket. Only issue with this pack is that when stuffed full the outside zipper pocket can become hard to use. But the stretch pocket is amazing!

bassbusterfiss
08-15-2012, 07:30
Thanks for all the pack ideas.It's been a big help.