PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is the title of this AT book???

RITBlake
04-30-2005, 01:45
Hey guys,

A couple years ago I hiked the Whites in NH. While I was staying at Lake of the Clouds I picked up a book off the rack. It was an AT book of which I read 50 pages and really enjoyed. I didn't have a headlamp so when they called lights out, I had to stop reading it.

Anyway, I would love to pick the book back up, but I just can't remember the title, the author or anything.

It was written by a women. It read like a journal, but was still very enjoyable. She was hiking w/ her boyfriend at the time, and I think they got engaged somewhere along the trail (I could be wrong about this). They also had a dog with them. Anybody have an idea?

It's driving me :bse

A-Train
04-30-2005, 02:13
A Journey North by Adriene Hall

The Solemates
04-30-2005, 13:49
A Journey North by Adriene Hall

thats it. a pretty good one.

Peaks
04-30-2005, 16:16
thats it. a pretty good one.

IMHO there are several better books about thru-hikers. To each their own.

Thumper 2006
04-30-2005, 21:13
The book is a really good one. The one you are referring to is "From Katahdin With Love."

gr8fulyankee
04-30-2005, 22:56
IMHO there are several better books about thru-hikers. To each their own.I really don't think that they were asking your opinion. I think he was asking for the name of the book. I mean come man! Damn Flatlanders!

The Solemates
04-30-2005, 23:04
IMHO there are several better books about thru-hikers. To each their own.

there are better ones, but i thought this one was good. we especially liked the "couple's" aspect of it since we hiked together.

The Solemates
04-30-2005, 23:04
The book is a really good one. The one you are referring to is "From Katahdin With Love."

no, i think we already settled it with "The Journey North"

"There are Mountains to climb" by Indiana Jean is also pretty good.

A-Train
04-30-2005, 23:29
The Hall book was one of the first I read, and I did like it. I was kinda dissapointed they hoped on a bus in Vermont and skipped 50 miles, but it also gave me an appreciation for the challenges of hiking as a couple. Made me glad I went solo. Though I think it coulda be awesome hiking a long-trail with a girlfriend/wife. Those Mass bugs can drive you crazy for sure.

Anyway, she gave a unique perspective as a scientist/natural resources background. And to think she just went on the thru-hike as a date with her bf. She didn't even really wanna go!

walkin' wally
05-01-2005, 17:58
I enjoyed "The Journey North". I like the picture of Craig proposing atop Saddleback. What a beautiful place to do that.

RITBlake
05-01-2005, 20:37
thats it!

Thanks guys!

I'm off to the library (they have it?!?)