PDA

View Full Version : Starting a shuttle service?

10-K
08-19-2012, 09:58
So while I was out hiking The Long Trail I eventually ran out of things to think about that had been on my mind and while my brain was idling I started thinking about the possibility of starting a shuttle service.

I mean, doing it right - with insurance, credit cards, website, etc.

Living here in Erwin people are getting shuttles all the time.. something to think about. I suspect it'd have to be more than hiker shuttles - a kayak trail would be necessary for example as would the ability to carry a raft or 2.

Anybody ever try this with any success?

solobip
08-19-2012, 10:34
Just go for it 10-K! You know you want to do something like this. It would be fun, keep you busy and trail related in your older age. The only real question is, do you keep the Jeep or go for something bigger, or just get a small trailer. You could just do it when you want at first. Then after people meet you, you would have to turn them away or hire friends to take up the slack. Of course I have never done this but I too think about randon things like that while hiking, and you have really thought it through with credit cards, I would have just expected a few bucks here an there.

Jeff
08-19-2012, 11:15
Talk to Skyline who is here on Whiteblaze. He and a partner ran a first class shuttle service with all the permits, insurance, etc. in the Shenandoah area.

WingedMonkey
08-19-2012, 11:18
Makes me wanna slack pack thru Tennessee. If it wasn't for all them snakes on the trail.

:p

Jeff
08-19-2012, 11:44
I would also contact Survivor Dave who runs a great shuttle service from "Atlanta to Fontana".

http://www.atsurvivordave.com/