PDA

View Full Version : Old Mill restaurant, Damascus

John B
08-19-2012, 18:01
My wife and two friends are going to Damascus on Labor Day for the Iron Mt. trail race. they are staying at a B&B. They would strongly prefer a nice restaurant that serves spaghetti or other pasta dish. It is my understanding that the Old Mill is the nice restaurant in Damascus. Yes? Do they serve at least one pasta dish? They do not want a burger 'n beer before racing. Price isn't a concern. Advice? Anyone know?

Lone Wolf
08-19-2012, 18:06
on thursday nights they have a pasta buffet

http://damascusinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Damascus-Menu-6-12-12.pdf

Supreme Being
08-19-2012, 18:08
I was just going to provide that same link. I have a friend who is taking TOW to dinner there when she passes through so I've heard it is very good.

Papa D
08-19-2012, 19:43
I had a glass of wine and sat by the river one time - it's sort of on the fancy side for most hikers but for what it is, it's very nice. I'd suggest sitting outside, I remember them running the air conditioning very cold - I didn't like it (I'm not and AC fan) and moved outside.

About_Time
08-20-2012, 09:28
http://quinceyspizza.com/menu.html

The mill was too fancy for me (while hiking). Quincey's had great spaghetti. I ate there a couple of times. I seem to recall the portions were "huge" and I struggled to finish it.

TOW
08-20-2012, 10:38
My wife and two friends are going to Damascus on Labor Day for the Iron Mt. trail race. they are staying at a B&B. They would strongly prefer a nice restaurant that serves spaghetti or other pasta dish. It is my understanding that the Old Mill is the nice restaurant in Damascus. Yes? Do they serve at least one pasta dish? They do not want a burger 'n beer before racing. Price isn't a concern. Advice? Anyone know?I would not eat the pasta there , but they have the best hog jowls, chitlins, and pig b rains this side of the Mason Dixon Line...:banana

John B
09-04-2012, 14:04
As a follow up, my wife said the food was really great although the portions were a bit modest. She said that she would definitely go back again.

Also high praise for the Montgomery House B&B.

She really enjoyed doing the Iron Mt. race, too, although being in a car wreck not far outside of Damascus wasn't so great (she was in a Mercedes -- built like a tank -- and thankfully the only injuries were caused by air bags deploying). The cops were very helpful and arranged a ride for them to Kingsport, TN airport so they could rent a car and come home.

coach lou
09-04-2012, 14:12
Can I get a table for My WIFE and myself, Please.

wornoutboots
09-04-2012, 14:39
Beautiful Place!!

yellowsirocco
09-04-2012, 15:42
http://quinceyspizza.com/menu.html

The mill was too fancy for me (while hiking). Quincey's had great spaghetti. I ate there a couple of times. I seem to recall the portions were "huge" and I struggled to finish it.

LOL Quincy's. I mean I like Quincy's, but the OP was asking for a nice restaurant where price isn't an issue. Quincy's serves Natty Light for christ sake.

Lone Wolf
09-04-2012, 15:46
LOL Quincy's. I mean I like Quincy's, but the OP was asking for a nice restaurant where price isn't an issue. Quincy's serves Natty Light for christ sake.

and $1.50 Busch light longnecks. my favorite

roy_hiking
01-30-2013, 16:21
And a big thanks to the Old Mill for their donation to the Trail Days Auction that raises money for The Place.