PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hiking Boots

Tharwood
08-20-2012, 19:45
What brand are your favorite hiking boots..

AKBOb
08-20-2012, 20:12
I don't know, but it seems to be getting impossible to find a decent pair in triple E's anymore. Every time I do they change the location where they manufacture the boot and EEE's inevitably become EE's.

If I do find a good boot again I'm going to by 7 pairs on the spot, because that's how long I figure I have left to live :eek:

ljcsov
08-20-2012, 20:16
I don't know, but it seems to be getting impossible to find a decent pair in triple E's anymore. Every time I do they change the location where they manufacture the boot and EEE's inevitably become EE's.

If I do find a good boot again I'm going to by 7 pairs on the spot, because that's how long I figure I have left to live :eek:

New Balance is known for the generous width and availability of extra wide sizes. I'd try to check them out. My father has the same issue with his sized foot and always has luck with NB. Myself, I own a pair of snow boots by NB and they seem to run wider than the typical shoe. Not to mention, they feel great!

AKBOb
08-20-2012, 20:30
Thx Lj, I'll check out NB's this weekend.

fredmugs
08-21-2012, 01:31
http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-shoes-wide-shop-3x-wide-list_ct1,wd12,as53,tt7

EEE boots

AKBOb
08-21-2012, 10:58
Thanks Fred! Just ordered a pair of Wolverines from them.

Sorry Thar, really didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Buffalo Skipper
08-21-2012, 11:09
I am most fond of my Merrills. I have the Moab Ventilator Mids, which have served me very well so far. No blisters, no hot spots, no issues at all. I am eager to try the Lows (not boots) but I will have to wear these out before I go there. My son also has a pair, and they were fine for hm at Philmont a few weeks ago.

sir limpsalot
08-21-2012, 15:19
TNF Havoc ! without a doubt my favorites. light, good ankle support and a shank tough enough to walk PA rocks. At 230# with a weak knee, it's important for me to have the right boots. I have merrill moab ventilators (felt the rocks right through the soles), some other lightweight, older TNF's (no support) and asolo 520"s (nice, but heavy-'specially when wet).

Jonas Winslo
08-21-2012, 15:31
I've always worn Solomons.

Velvet Gooch
08-21-2012, 15:33
Alico Guide

http://www.alicosport.it/guide1.jpg

Tacky Hiker
08-21-2012, 17:05
Merrell Chameleon 3 Mid Gore-Tex !

bamboo bob
08-21-2012, 17:22
I wear Montrail running shoes when I can find HArdrock or Badrock. I haven't seen many actual boots on the AT or any other trail in quite awhile.

Del Q
08-21-2012, 20:39
I have wide feet as well. Like Vasque a lot but my new Solomon's are excellent, stiffer on the sides..........actually wore my Vasque's this weekend and was not as happy compared to the Solomon's

To me low top is the way to go short of nasty snowy conditions..............