PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Colorado , Looking For Partners

RangerPhil
08-24-2012, 23:49
Hi Folks -

I love the AT but I'm looking for my next serious challenge. I can't dedicate 6 months to thru-hike the CDT, but I am willing to spend a month or more in 2013 hiking the entire Colorado section of the CDT and willingly to possibly do more if the scheduling permits.

I'm looking for partners on this one - I've solo'ed before but this isn't something I'd be comfortable doing by myself. Looking to go for the months of July and August, give or take a week or two. Even if you can't complete the whole thing with me, I'd love different folks to come out for a week or two here and there.

I'm 24, in excellent shape and I have long distance experience. Being located in Connecticut, I'm looking to do several long weekend shakedown hikes this coming fall and winter. Hopefully I'll find an interested hiker in the area - I'd like to get to know somebody well before agreeing to spend a couple of months kicking around the Rockies with them.

Reply to this post or PM me if you're seriously interested!

-Ranger Phil

Merryslav
12-07-2012, 01:00
Hi Phil,

I've done about 1000 miles of the CDT, and have a reasonable Long Distance Hiking Pedigree (about 11,000 miles,) but I am a little old (55,) and a little rusty. I have found the CDT to be spectacular, but reasonably lonesome when compared to more social trails (AT, PCT, Coloado Trail, Pennine Way, etc.) I may be able to get out a couple of weeks this summer, and would be more likely to do so with an amicable partner. Perhaps we talk.

Merryslav

handlebar
12-09-2012, 19:59
FWIW, It took me 51 days to cover Colorado including zeros, after having hiked NM. During that period I hiked in a lot of snow in the San Juan wilderness which resulted in a couple of 1 mile/hour days. So your plan seems well within reason. Maybe we'll run into each other as I plan a trek on the Colorado Trail and the Greys and Torreys Peaks route of the CDT (for which I took the Silverthorne alternate) during Aug and Sep, 2013.