PDA

View Full Version : General Shuttle question.

gwb
08-28-2012, 09:46
For the first time I will need to hire a shuttle for an upcoming section hike... I have always had my wife pick me up or used public transportation. Neither works for this trip, too long of a drive for my wife and no/little access to public transportation. I am ending in Cornwall Bridge Ct or in the general area and need a ride to the nearest metro station...
I posted on the shuttle list the other day and within hours I had an offer! What a great community!! My question is do you line up a couple potential shuttle options and then finalize the last week or do you just settle up with one person? Takes a little leap of faith for both parties. How do others handle this?

About_Time
08-28-2012, 12:59
For the first time I will need to hire a shuttle for an upcoming section hike... I have always had my wife pick me up or used public transportation. Neither works for this trip, too long of a drive for my wife and no/little access to public transportation. I am ending in Cornwall Bridge Ct or in the general area and need a ride to the nearest metro station...
I posted on the shuttle list the other day and within hours I had an offer! What a great community!! My question is do you line up a couple potential shuttle options and then finalize the last week or do you just settle up with one person? Takes a little leap of faith for both parties. How do others handle this?

My experience was always positive. I did call to confirm 1-2 days before in all cases as things do happen (i.e. illness)...

bigcranky
08-28-2012, 13:33
I would make arrangements with one person then confirm a few days out. Not really fair to reserve shuttles with several providers then cancel all but one at the last minute.

perrymk
08-28-2012, 13:39
Whever I travel I try to keep phone numbers of places I might need with me. These is usually taxi sevices or places I hope to visit like museums.

Perhaps make arrangements with one shuttle and keep the numbers of others handy just in case.