PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking Tent Research

RedRunnerJumper
08-28-2012, 09:52
Like most, I'm looking for a lightweight, 1-2 person tent, inexpensive and good all around. I found this tent by Sierra Designs http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___28045#. Packed weight is 3 lbs 12 oz which I don't think is that bad.

Anyone hear about this brand or tent?

Whack-a-mole
08-28-2012, 12:34
The Clip Flashlight is a good little tent, but it is small with not much headroom. I think it's better for younger folks who don't have to unfold as much in the morning as us older folks do. It used to be a light weight tent, but with today's technology, it is a little out dated in the weight department. On my scales, mine goes a little over 4lbs. Since I have upgraded to a BA I need to sell mine if anyone is interested. It only has about 10 nights on it and is in very good condition.

10-K
08-28-2012, 12:42
Lightweight, inexpensive, good...

Pick two....

<I'm on a roll>

Tuckahoe
08-28-2012, 13:26
I had a clip flashlight 2, an older version. Its a good tent, well made and I was pleased with it overall. Certainly kept the rain out and stood up to the weather. On the otherhand, at nearly 4 pounds I thought I could do better, I didnt care for the front entry (I wanted a side entry), and it could really get really stuffy and humid inside of the tent. I ended up selling mine and going with a Lightheart Solo.