PDA

View Full Version : Pyroman9 A.K.A Bomber

bassbusterfiss
08-29-2012, 12:24
Just read that pyroman9 A.k.A Bomber is back on the trail walking again. He just couldn't stay away..lol

I'm just wondering if he made "Henry the chicken" go with him or did he get this trip off...lol

Lone Wolf
08-29-2012, 12:27
is this facebook?

bassbusterfiss
08-29-2012, 12:31
He is on trail journals .com

HikerMom58
08-29-2012, 12:33
is this facebook?

No, it's more like Dr. Phil and Jerry Springer all rolled into one big show.... much more drama than my facebook friends generate.

bassbusterfiss... Who is Bomber and "Henry the chicken"?

Lone Wolf
08-29-2012, 12:35
is this facebook?

meaning nobody knows him or cares

bassbusterfiss
08-29-2012, 12:41
He is a white blaze family member on here who completed his thru hike this year and has now went back for some more.

HikerMom58
08-29-2012, 12:43

Speak for yourself.... I asked. I care.

bassbusterfiss
08-29-2012, 12:44

I know what you meant, but you notice I didn't really care..lol

HikerMom58
08-29-2012, 12:45
He is a white blaze family member on here who completed his thru hike this year and has now went back for some more.

Oh OK.... that's cool. Is he the yo-yo that someone else was talking about earlier?

bassbusterfiss
08-29-2012, 13:00
Oh OK.... that's cool. Is he the yo-yo that someone else was talking about earlier?No he is just meeting up with a few hikers that have not finished and hiking a little with them. I think he is suppose to go in the Air Force after his thru hike was over but had some time to go back and hike.

HikerMom58
08-29-2012, 13:10
No he is just meeting up with a few hikers that have not finished and hiking a little with them. I think he is suppose to go in the Air Force after his thru hike was over but had some time to go back and hike.

That's interesting.... I know a lot of thru hikers really have a hard time getting back to real life after they finish. Sounds like Bomber has found a way to ease himself back in2 non-trail life by getting back on for a bit. That's great he has the time to go back on the trail with some trail buddies. I've heard of other thru hikers rejoining their trail friends to celebrate their finish as well. One hiker chick was able to fly back over here from England to join her friends who were finishing on Springer in late November.

pyroman9
09-05-2012, 21:26
hahaha I jumped on here to see what was new... and low and behold... a thread about me... hahahah

Ok first off... I CARE ABOUT ME!!! :)

Now onto bigger and better things...

yes I finished my thru hike this year - march 15th to july 4th. What a great time!

I returned to the trail on August 20th simply because I could. I had met up with a really cool south bounder and agreed to come back and hike at some point. So I did. It was really great because I got to hike over the presidential range and franconia notch and stuff. The best part was to see all my friends again, I ran into north bounders who I saw months ago, back in Georgia and Tennessee.

Now I am back home, once again. I leave for bootcamp in 10 days now, I am joining the USAF to become a EOD Tech - aka Bomb squad. I returned to have one last hoorah before I leave, and to see my friends once again. Now I will spend my final days here visiting family and getting everything in order. I will be back home in a year most likely which is cool, I am very excited to begin this new chapter in life however.

Thanks for making me feel famous here though!

~Bomber

ps.. Henry... is the rubber chicken that I carried from Georgia to Maine, he goes on every adventure! I suppose bootcamp will not allow him though... hmmm in thoughts he will be with me. Facebook Henry McKinley - you will see him!

pyroman9
09-05-2012, 21:26
And Yes i did hike a 62.5 mile day in PA just because.

pyroman53
09-05-2012, 23:39
Good luck and God speed! Be safe amigo.

JohnWayne
09-05-2012, 23:46
haha. That Henry McKinley looks cool. Hey man, good luck in boot camp. You will be in top form compared to the others!

Train Wreck
09-06-2012, 01:31
That is one accomplished bird.

Montana AT05
09-07-2012, 20:20

Someone needs attention. Again.

Anyways, thanks go to the OP, I was looking for more journals to read, I remember reading some of his stuff before.

pyroman9
09-07-2012, 21:21
Well since this thread is about me... kinda funny to log in and see a thread with your name on it....

ummm Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed my journal, i had a blast posting on it!

HikerMom58
09-07-2012, 21:59
Well since this thread is about me... kinda funny to log in and see a thread with your name on it....

ummm Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed my journal, i had a blast posting on it!

How cool is this?.... I'll have to go read your journal. Nice to "meet" you and Congrats on finishing the trail. Best of luck to you on the next chapter in your life!! We care about you and are interested in your life. Take care!! :)

Train Wreck
09-07-2012, 22:01
I'd hike with that chicken any time.

Montana AT05
09-08-2012, 15:00
I enjoyed Pyroman's journal, always fun to read good journals. Just ignore the resident troll above who craves attention yet uses a name trying to suggest otherwise :p

HikerMom58
09-08-2012, 16:08
I went back and read some of his journal. I went to his guest book and read his mom's reaction to his finish... that is good stuff! :)

Train Wreck
09-08-2012, 17:01
I went back and read some of his journal. I went to his guest book and read his mom's reaction to his finish... that is good stuff! :)

Absolutely.
Enjoyed reading the whole journal.

Train Wreck
09-08-2012, 17:03
I enjoyed Pyroman's journal, always fun to read good journals. Just ignore the resident troll above who craves attention yet uses a name trying to suggest otherwise :p

Yeah, there was no need for that remark :mad:

Pyroman, thank you for your service to our country and best wishes from THIS WhiteBlaze member also!

HikerMom58
09-08-2012, 20:47
Absolutely.
Enjoyed reading the whole journal.

I will enjoy reading it all too, I'm sure. :)

pyroman9
09-09-2012, 16:10
You are very welcome, going into the military is something I have always wanted to do, I am proud to do it.

Enjoy the journal! I will try and put up one or two new post in the next few days of things. It was fun I had my going away party last night with family and friends. When I took a look at the cake something caught my eye... the words.... "Carpe Diem Bomber" WOOOHOOOO my trail name! I found it very fitting, as my mom had the great idea.

bassbusterfiss
09-10-2012, 09:52
Bomber, good luck with what ever life brings your way.... It's hard to read about someones daily life on the trail and not feel that they are a member of the family. Keep use posted about boot camp. Enjoyed reading your journal, I believe you were a trail legend this year for the 62.5 miler. God speed friend.