PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle from Pittsfield to Williamstown?

Caveman of Ohio
08-29-2012, 20:42
Be arrriving on September 8 around 4:30 pm. Looking for a shuttle to the Pine Cobble Trailhead. Anyone know a service in this area?

Migrating Bird
08-29-2012, 20:48
There is bus service, http://www.berkshirerta.com/schedules.php Are you coming in by train? If so, just a heads up, passenger service is really poor relative to schedules as freight take precedence. Good luck, enjoy your hike.

Deacon
08-29-2012, 21:33
Be arrriving on September 8 around 4:30 pm. Looking for a shuttle to the Pine Cobble Trailhead. Anyone know a service in this area?

I just went through this a couple weeks ago. Sounds like you're coming in on Amtrak. When the train drops you off, walk down to the road and flag down the bus, that goes by about 5:10 pm. Be sure to catch this one, it's the last bus of the day.

Tell the driver you want to transfer to the no. 1 bus to North Adams. The driver will give you a transfer ticket. Be sure to have $2.50 with you because the driver won't make change.

By the time you get to North Adams, the Williamstown bus will have stopped for the day. I stayed at the Williamstown Motel and I called and asked the manager to come pick me up, which he did.

Hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deacon
08-29-2012, 21:38
By the way to get to the Pine Cobble trail, Rt. 2 circles around to become Housic (sp?)road. Pine Cobble is a paved street and the trail starts at the top of the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angewrite
08-30-2012, 16:22
There's also the Birdcage and another hostel/trail angel in North Adams. This was on '07 so I'm not sure if they're still operating.