PDA

View Full Version : Trial magic etiquette

Mulungu
08-30-2012, 04:51
e are planning a walkk from springer to harpers ferry next year. my wife says because we are not thru hikers it would be wrong to accept trail magic. i am not sure i agree as i think we are doing a long walk and therfore should be able to accept trail magic:confused:

Gray Blazer
08-30-2012, 06:58
A "trail feed" if you will, should be a party out in the woods that anybody who drops by should feel welcome (or not-in that case you shouldn't complain).

I personally don't help myself to stuff left by the trailhead (I always bring extra stuff anyway).

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 07:01
Total non issue. If anyone says anything disrespectful just ignore them. If anyone doing magic says its just for thru hikers, post their name on this website so they may be shunned for eternity ;)

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 07:15
e are planning a walkk from springer to harpers ferry next year. my wife says because we are not thru hikers it would be wrong to accept trail magic. i am not sure i agree as i think we are doing a long walk and therfore should be able to accept trail magic:confused:

that's a buncha BS. i came upon a cooler in vermont one year and it was posted "for thru-hikers only". i was only doing the long trail. i tore the sign off and left a nice entry in the log book. real trail magic is rare

HikerMom58
08-30-2012, 07:59
that's a buncha BS. i came upon a cooler in vermont one year and it was posted "for thru-hikers only". i was only doing the long trail. i tore the sign off and left a nice entry in the log book. real trail magic is rare

You have got to be kidding me.... I cannot believe that anyone would put up a sign "for thru-hikers only" unless they didn't want random day hikers to bother the stuff. As far as I'm concerned, any AT hiker that hits my radar is more than welcome to trail magic.

Hey, I take good care of my hikers of all types in my Central VA section .....just saying. Sometimes when my daughter and I are out doing trail magic, in person, they end up coming home with us for a nice shower, comfy bed and free laundry. And of course, a free shuttle anywhere they want to go for resupply etc...

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 08:03
Hey, I take good care of my hikers of all types in my Central VA section .....just saying. Sometimes when my daughter and I are out doing trail magic, in person, they end up coming home with us for a nice shower, comfy bed and free laundry. And of course, a free shuttle anywhere they want to go for resupply etc...
why just hikers? why not other human beings? hikers are not needy.

10-K
08-30-2012, 08:04
Every time I find a cooler it's empty and there is often trash everywhere.

I'm not just saying that to create a fuss.

IrishBASTARD
08-30-2012, 08:06
Would suggest being honest to the people offering it...and go from there.

HikerMom58
08-30-2012, 08:25
why just hikers? why not other human beings? hikers are not needy.

What? Wow, you don't even know me at all.. I'm getting ready to head out the door to help out a good friend that needs to be taken to the hospital for the second time. He is not a hiker. Hikers are not needy but I'm a trail angel... duh.. Good grief LW. Get with the program. You have no idea what kind of person I am and who I reach out too at all. How do you get off on questioning me like that? And I think i'm clueless sometimes? YOu have no clue!!!

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 08:27
i'm very clueful

HikerMom58
08-30-2012, 08:27
Every time I find a cooler it's empty and there is often trash everywhere.

I'm not just saying that to create a fuss.

Yeah, I hear you... that can be a problem. I try to go back and get any trash that is left hanging around.

HikerMom58
08-30-2012, 08:28
i'm very clueful

Is that all you have to say? No, I'm sorry HikerMom... you're right, I don't know you.....

Don H
08-30-2012, 08:37
Is that all you have to say? No, I'm sorry HikerMom... you're right, I don't know you.....

Holding breath, wait for iiiiit...... :)

Seriously if the provider of TM is there ask, if not then it's free for anyone.

More important is to not be a pig and take all the Oatmeal Cream Pies or drinking 3 Cokes! One per person is considered appropriate.

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 08:38
Not his style

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 08:43
Not his style

I'm still wondering why she went off on a perfectly reasonable question. Why should LW have to apologize for anything? She is the one who just referred to him as being clueless... I think if someone is going to do the name calling, they shouldn't expect someone else to apologize to them.

Maddog
08-30-2012, 08:49
I'm still wondering why she went off on a perfectly reasonable question. Why should LW have to apologize for anything? She is the one who just referred to him as being clueless... I think if someone is going to do the name calling, they shouldn't expect someone else to apologize to them.

+1 She causes as much drama as IB! Maddog:D

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 08:53
I get it...I didnt say he should

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 08:55
I get it...I didnt say he should

Chaco Taco - That wasn't directed at you. I am sorry if you took it that way! :)

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 08:55
I think I posted this somewhere else already, but here goes...hubby and I were section hiking somewhere in VA years ago and came upon a cooler beside the trail. This was our first experience seeing a piece of gear from the "real world" of camping out there in the middle of nowhere I was curious. There was a sign on it saying something to the effect "Thru-Hikers, welcome, etc." Ok, I understood. Didn't take anything, but thought the whole trail magic idea was pretty cool, so I backed away and was focusing my camera to get a photo. All of a sudden this hiker we'd passed earlier in the day came down the trail practically at a run and blurted out, "You didn't take anything from that cooler, did you? Because it's only for thru-hikers!" And he dived right in and grabbed a soda for himself, popped the top, and started drinking it while we stood there. What a jack*ss.

Ender
08-30-2012, 08:56
Behave, people. Be nice.

hikerboy57
08-30-2012, 08:57
do we really need to go back to the "can't we all get along?" thread?

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 08:58
I think I posted this somewhere else already, but here goes...hubby and I were section hiking somewhere in VA years ago and came upon a cooler beside the trail. This was our first experience seeing a piece of gear from the "real world" of camping out there in the middle of nowhere I was curious. There was a sign on it saying something to the effect "Thru-Hikers, welcome, etc." Ok, I understood. Didn't take anything, but thought the whole trail magic idea was pretty cool, so I backed away and was focusing my camera to get a photo. All of a sudden this hiker we'd passed earlier in the day came down the trail practically at a run and blurted out, "You didn't take anything from that cooler, did you? Because it's only for thru-hikers!" And he dived right in and grabbed a soda for himself, popped the top, and started drinking it while we stood there. What a jack*ss.

I am surprised he didn't body-check you off into the trees! There will always be those types on the trail, but the cooler didn't specify "Thru-Hikers ONLY." It just welcomed Thru-hikers... Wait a sec - How did that guy know you weren't Thru-hikers?

Thirsty DPD
08-30-2012, 08:59
OK, you know the rules, nothing below the belt, there will be an eight count, break when i say break, now go to your corners and come out fighting.

Supreme Being
08-30-2012, 09:00
What? Wow, you don't even know me at all.. I'm getting ready to head out the door to help out a good friend that needs to be taken to the hospital for the second time. He is not a hiker. Hikers are not needy but I'm a trail angel... duh.. Good grief LW. Get with the program. You have no idea what kind of person I am and who I reach out too at all. How do you get off on questioning me like that? And I think i'm clueless sometimes? YOu have no clue!!!

Here we go again. Stop caring what LW thinks. It's obvious that you are a good person who helps others.

As for cooler signs. If someone is filling the cooler, they have the right to put any sign they want on it. Pretty sure that thru hikers who are longing for a soda appreciate that someone is performing this Act of Kindness for them. When LW starts leaving the coolers, then he can leave any sign he wants.

Drybones
08-30-2012, 09:03

No one is a thru hiker until they pass the last white blaze.

Pedaling Fool
08-30-2012, 09:05
I think I posted this somewhere else already, but here goes...hubby and I were section hiking somewhere in VA years ago and came upon a cooler beside the trail. This was our first experience seeing a piece of gear from the "real world" of camping out there in the middle of nowhere I was curious. There was a sign on it saying something to the effect "Thru-Hikers, welcome, etc." Ok, I understood. Didn't take anything, but thought the whole trail magic idea was pretty cool, so I backed away and was focusing my camera to get a photo. All of a sudden this hiker we'd passed earlier in the day came down the trail practically at a run and blurted out, "You didn't take anything from that cooler, did you? Because it's only for thru-hikers!" And he dived right in and grabbed a soda for himself, popped the top, and started drinking it while we stood there. What a jack*ss.Another reason not to feed animals. Yes he's a jack ass.:)

Creek Dancer
08-30-2012, 09:05
I am surprised he didn't body-check you off into the trees! There will always be those types on the trail, but the cooler didn't specify "Thru-Hikers ONLY." It just welcomed Thru-hikers... Wait a sec - How did that guy know you weren't Thru-hikers?

Maybe they didn't emit that special stinky thru-hiker funk.

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:09

We looked and smelled a lot better than him :D
Actually, we had already had one of those 45-second stop-in-the-middle-of-the-trail convos where you briefly greet & exchange pleasantries before moving on. I think he was taking a break or something, which is the only reason we passed him in the first place.
I just thought that was incredibly rude. The ironic thing is that we always throw in a few extra sodas or whatnot in our cooler on the off chance we might meet someone to share with...

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:13
Actually, we had already had one of those 45-second stop-in-the-middle-of-the-trail convos where you briefly greet & exchange pleasantries before moving on. I think he was taking a break or something, which is the only reason we passed him in the first place.
I just thought that was incredibly rude. The ironic thing is that we always throw in a few extra sodas or whatnot in our cooler on the off chance we might meet someone to share with...

Good point on the smell factor! :) What's that saying..."There's one in every crowd." Sorry you and your husband were treated in such a rude manor... Maybe the hiker's blood sugar level was really low? Yeah, that's is! His blood sugar level was really low, so he lost his ability to actually use his reasoning skills to assess the situation and see that you were only taking pictures. :)

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 09:16

yup. that's it

Kryptonite
08-30-2012, 09:16

I don't believe in ripping someone's sign up either, but if I was getting a soda out of a cooler and had come across you - would definitely have encouraged you to take one. His actions were really rude to just drink that in front of you and act like the Cooler Cop.

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 09:19
an unattended cooler on the trail on public land is fair game for ANYBODY. sign or no sign. they shouldn't be there at all

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:19

Thru-hiking - The contact sport. Outfitters everywhere will now outfit hikers with pads and helmets for THOSE encounters at the trail magic coolers. Hikers will now take classes in body-blocks, low hits, and tackling... Not to mention, lessons in body-checking (instruction to take place at a local hockey rink). These lessons must be included in preparation for thru-hikes.

Drybones
08-30-2012, 09:21

I believe it may have been just an opportunity for someone to show how charitible they are?? Those who recieve charity will praise you enough.

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:22
Good point on the smell factor! :) What's that saying..."There's one in every crowd." Sorry you and your husband were treated in such a rude manor... Maybe the hiker's blood sugar level was really low? Yeah, that's is! His blood sugar level was really low, so he lost his ability to actually use his reasoning skills to assess the situation and see that you were only taking pictures. :)

nah, he was just being an a-hole and suffering from entitlement syndrome

hikerboy57
08-30-2012, 09:26
if you don't look for it or expected you will most definitely experience trail magic. it has on many occasions for me and I am not a thru hiker

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:31
I don't believe in ripping someone's sign up either, but if I was getting a soda out of a cooler and had come across you - would definitely have encouraged you to take one. His actions were really rude to just drink that in front of you and act like the Cooler Cop.

The Soda Nazi! ....NO COKE FOR YOU! :D

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:31
nah, he was just being an a-hole and suffering from entitlement syndrome

Most likely. :) Especially since there was no apology AFTER he finished off the soda...in front of you. Did he say, "MMMMM! That sure was refreshing!" while belching, and throwing the can into the bushes? I can totally picture that right about now.

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:35
if you don't look for it or expected you will most definitely experience trail magic. it has on many occasions for me and I am not a thru hiker

You are absolutely correct. While sectioning in CT with a friend, we were sitting by the highway waiting for our shuttle, and all of a sudden this car pulls over, and a guy sticks out two 16 oz Arizona sweet ice teas. "You looked hot," was all he said before he pulled away. So that kinda cancelled the bad encounter with the Cooler Cop.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:36
You are absolutely correct. While sectioning in CT with a friend, we were sitting by the highway waiting for our shuttle, and all of a sudden this car pulls over, and a guy sticks out two 16 oz Arizona sweet ice teas. "You looked hot," was all he said before he pulled away. So that kinda cancelled the bad encounter with the Cooler Cop.

Yay! I was getting worried you were going to say he pulled over and threw things at you!

jakedatc
08-30-2012, 09:37

Yep. exactly

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:37
Most likely. :) Especially since there was no apology AFTER he finished off the soda...in front of you. Did he say, "MMMMM! That sure was refreshing!" while belching, and throwing the can into the bushes? I can totally picture that right about now.

Don't know. We just walked on shaking our heads. He probably stood by it, growling like a dog, to any other poor soul luckless enough to come by.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:39
Don't know. We just walked on shaking our heads. He probably stood by it, growling like a dog, to any other poor soul luckless enough to come by.

Nope. He most likely "marked" the cooler as his. ;)

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:42
Yay! I was getting worried you were going to say he pulled over and threw things at you!

No, just the one bad encounter in many years of sectioning. I would have liked to think the drinks came with a compliment as well (about looking hot) but that wouldn't be trail magic, that would be a trail miracle :rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 09:43
an unattended cooler on the trail on public land is fair game for ANYBODY. sign or no sign. they shouldn't be there at all
I actually agree with this statement. Fair game.
Alot of the styrofoam coolers do get left out for long periods of time before someone else finally disposes of them. I do agree that if you want to give out sodas or snacks, save it for road crossings and trailheads.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:44
No, just the one bad encounter in many years of sectioning. I would have liked to think the drinks came with a compliment as well (about looking hot) but that wouldn't be trail magic, that would be a trail miracle :rolleyes:

I am now officially ROTFLMAO!!! :) It was probably just some ex-hiker who really thought the small/flat head and cankles were sexy! :)

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:44
...ex Thru-hiker is what I meant to say

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 09:45
...ex Thru-hiker is what I meant to say Wait a sec. The people out on the trail right now, arent thru hikers. They are attempting a thruhike. Just saying. Im not an ex thru hiker. I finished. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just stating the fact

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:47
I am now officially ROTFLMAO!!! :) It was probably just some ex-hiker who really thought the small/flat head and cankles were sexy! :)

yeah, I really am starting to become very dissatisfied with that avatar!

Supreme Being
08-30-2012, 09:47

I doubt there are few hikers who are really hot and tired that have this same attitude when they stumble across these coolers. I hope after all your rhetoric on this subject that you never partake of one of their sodas. Still doesn't give you the right to destroy his sign. Many disagree with you on this subject so just hike on by those coolers. No one is forcing you to drink one.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:49
Wait a sec. The people out on the trail right now, arent thru hikers. They are attempting a thruhike. Just saying. Im not an ex thru hiker. I finished. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just stating the fact

??? I am confused. My "ex Thru-hiker" remark was directed at a comment I made to Train Wreck about the person who pulled up in a car, while she and her husband were on the side of the road. I have no idea if that person has every hiked. It was just a joke... This part of the conversation had nothing to do with Train Wreck's first encounter with trail magic.

And, I didn't think you were trying to start a pissing contest. :) Most comments made around here are just that - comments. That is why we have forums, right? It's all good.

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 09:49
Wait a sec. The people out on the trail right now, arent thru hikers. They are attempting a thruhike. Just saying. Im not an ex thru hiker. I finished. Not trying to start a pissing contest, just stating the fact

Thread Drift !!! :D

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:50
yeah, I really am starting to become very dissatisfied with that avatar!

Oops. I still say my avatar has back problems. She really needs to use trekking poles, too. It would really improve he posture. :)

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 09:51
Thread Drift !!! :D

I think he thought I was referring to your first encounter with trail magic.

Chaco Taco
08-30-2012, 09:52
The coolers do need to stop though, especially ones just left out on the trail. Just invites critters and leaves a trace and invites littering.

Supreme Being
08-30-2012, 09:56
The coolers do need to stop though, especially ones just left out on the trail. Just invites critters and leaves a trace and invites littering.

Agree that coolers should not be left out. Sounds to me though like tearing up that sign didn't help the littering problem, but only contributed to it.

WingedMonkey
08-30-2012, 09:57
It's not hikers that are needy, it's self appointed trail angels that are needy. Needy people should join clubs not pile stuff up along the trail and shelters.

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 10:06

I've seen many more of the coolers since that first encounter, and most of them had a trash bag or some kind of accommodation for waste disposal. I don't recall seeing a lot of trash around. I've met a few trail angels in the mid-Atlantic, and they seemed to have a pretty good maintenance scheme figured out.

Sarcasm the elf
08-30-2012, 10:06

+1 the first time saw a cooler on the side of a trail I thought that some jackass had tried to hike with it and then just dumped it. After I learned that they were "trail magic" I still think that they border on litter. It's also comical that people who leave their unattended coolers in the middle of the trail have the gall to add signs to the effect of "sodas for hikers, but special hikers only."

yellowsirocco
08-30-2012, 10:16
I'm a section hiker, but when I am out for a long hike I call myself a thru hiker. I hate to lie, but some idiots make an issue of it. Besides, how many folks have said they were a thru hiker and never made it out of Georgia, but still took trail magic that was supposed to be only for thru hikers?

Maddog
08-30-2012, 10:16
It's not hikers that are needy, it's self appointed trail angels that are needy. Needy people should join clubs not pile stuff up along the trail and shelters.

+1 Totally agree! Maddog:D

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 10:22

Hello Mulungu,
Extending you a belated welcome to WhiteBlaze :welcome

As you can see, conversations on WhiteBlaze are just like the AT - they go up, down, and around, with many interesting diversions along the way. Regarding your wife's concerns about partaking in trail magic - she can stop worrying. Hikerboy is correct. You will encounter trail magic/random kindness when you least expect it, and it is ok for you to accept, or not accept, at any time. Hey, sometimes you can't avoid accepting it! There will also be occasions where you will have the chance to complete the circle by passing on a bit of kindness to someone else. It all just seems to happen very naturally out there on the trail.

Gray Blazer
08-30-2012, 10:22

No one has to apologize for anything. The OP talked about hikers and she said she helped hikers. I don't know why anyone who doesn't know her would assume she does not help people in need. Speed hikers are definitely not needy yet hes always sniffin all over them. Talk about your narcissist in cheif.

Sailing_Faith
08-30-2012, 10:28
.... It's also comical that people who leave their unattended coolers in the middle of the trail have the gall to add signs to the effect of "sodas for hikers, but special hikers only."

People are interesting. Kindness is a good thing... but it is rather strange to 'ration' kindness... and create the 'unintended consequence' of causing hurt feelings with such distinctions.

Moose2001
08-30-2012, 10:44
Hello Mulungu,

As you can see, conversations on WhiteBlaze are just like the AT - they go up, down, and around, with many interesting diversions along the way. Regarding your wife's concerns about partaking in trail magic - she can stop worrying. Hikerboy is correct. You will encounter trail magic/random kindness when you least expect it, and it is ok for you to accept, or not accept, at any time. Hey, sometimes you can't avoid accepting it! There will also be occasions where you will have the chance to complete the circle by passing on a bit of kindness to someone else. It all just seems to happen very naturally out there on the trail.

+1 Trainwreck. Very nice post. Thank you.

HikerMom58
08-30-2012, 10:58
Hey Mulungu... when you get up into Central VA. (Daleville VA) with your wife and you need anything, I live 5 miles from the trail crossing. I'm sure you will encounter lots of trail magic before you get to VA. Enjoy!! My trail magic comes more in the form of shuttles to the P.O. office and such. It's a rather busy road that hikers have to walk along for resupply.

I don't leave much along the trail or shelters, that's a rare thing for me to do. I have been leaving water in the shelters lately because it's really dry in this part of VA right now.

You can judge for yourself as to what you think of me and others on this site, by reading all the posts that made it on to your thread. I will be happy to give you my contact #, anytime.

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 11:29
Agree that coolers should not be left out. Sounds to me though like tearing up that sign didn't help the littering problem, but only contributed to it.

it was notebook paper. i took it with me. the cooler was full of trash and trash all around it

Lone Wolf
08-30-2012, 11:33
Speed hikers are definitely not needy yet hes always sniffin all over them. Talk about your narcissist in cheif.

sweetie, what are you yappin' about?

atmilkman
08-30-2012, 11:44
If somebody was really slick, when they ran up on a cooler full of cokes they could stop and set up shop and sell the cokes for 50 cents a piece and get them some beer money for when they got to town. Call it multi-purposing. Magic with a twist. Twisted Magic.

Gray Blazer
08-30-2012, 11:49
sweetie, what are you yappin' about?

Gotcha

A1ien
08-30-2012, 11:49
does trail magic always equal free food

Sarcasm the elf
08-30-2012, 12:00
does trail magic always equal free foodWe can and have had entire friendly conversations on he definition of "trail magic" on this site. ;-) short answer is no, it does not always include food. Some folks don't consider planned hiker fees to be trail magic at all, since the term originally was used to describe unexpected and or accidental help when a hiker needs it most. That said, the feeds are most commonly referred to as trail magic, so it's just easiest to refer to them as that.

Drybones
08-30-2012, 12:00

WM...You really should seek councel and deal with those anger issues.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 12:03
Hello Mulungu,

+1000 Train Wreck!

What an excellent way to sum it all up!

Creek Dancer
08-30-2012, 12:05

For me, trail magic happens when the trail flattens out a little just when you are about ready to bonk, when someone has thoughtfully placed a pipe in the water source so I don't have to clog up my filter, when I find a wildflower I had been searching for over the years, or when I find a nice place to camp just before the sky lets loose with a wild storm. Little things like that. I personally don't like finding food in coolers in the woods. This kind of busts my experience of being in the woods. I

jakedatc
08-30-2012, 12:06

No, " Trail Magic, defined as an unexpected act of kindness, is a quintessential part of the Appalachian Trail experience for many long-distance hikers " - ATC

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs/default-document-library/suggestions-for-providing-trail-magic.pdf

a few points that tend to be ignored...

"Be present if you provide food or drink. "

"Be hospitable to all. "

"Consider whether your event may be contributing to an overabundance of trail feeds in the local area or region. Some hikers come to the Trail to seek solitude and contemplation. "

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 12:08
If someone brings something to share, they should share with the whole class...er, trail. Wasn't that what we were taught in grade school? Trail magic started out as being stealth, an unexpected kindness. Thru-hikers should not be singled out as being the only ones who can partake. Shouldn't magic be for everyone? ALL hikers get hungry and thirsty out there.

WingedMonkey
08-30-2012, 12:35
WM...You really should seek councel and deal with those anger issues.

Which end of the magic wand are you on? The hiker that can't rely on himself to get from point A to point B? Or the lonley man that has to live through other hikers by thinking you are helping hem?

My only anger is about garbage on the trail, or worse left at shelters. I don't get angry at needy people, it feeds thier neediness.

Drybones
08-30-2012, 12:51

WM...Was it that word "angel" that got you in a tissy? Would you feel better if we just called them"nice guys & gals" for political correctness?

WingedMonkey
08-30-2012, 13:12
WM...Was it that word "angel" that got you in a tissy? Would you feel better if we just called them"nice guys & gals" for political correctness?

You really are reading to much into it. Lonely needy people tend to do that.

Rasty
08-30-2012, 13:16
I keep looking for an magic show with balloons and rabbits! Now that would be a treat after a long day!

Sarcasm the elf
08-30-2012, 13:23
I keep looking for an magic show with balloons and rabbits! Now that would be a treat after a long day!Trail magic Challenge Accepted!

atmilkman
08-30-2012, 13:23
I just want to know when next years schedule for hiker feeds and trail magic comes out. Such as dates, times, locations (waypoints) menus, etc.

hikerboy57
08-30-2012, 13:28
I just want to know when next years schedule for hiker feeds and trail magic comes out. Such as dates, times, locations (waypoints) menus, etc.

just check the Appalachian tRailroad schedule

Rasty
08-30-2012, 13:30
just check the Appalachian tRailroad schedule

You never told me where the escalator is supposed to go!

Sarcasm the elf
08-30-2012, 13:36
I just want to know when next years schedule for hiker feeds and trail magic comes out. Such as dates, times, locations (waypoints) menus, etc.Depends on if I can find a magician that willing to hike in to do a show.

jakedatc
08-30-2012, 13:36
You never told me where the escalator is supposed to go!

and the rock sweepers across the Presi's.

atmilkman
08-30-2012, 13:42
If someone could bring 40 watermelons up to Springer on March 20, 2013 it would greatly be appreciated. They don't even have to be iced.

Rasty
08-30-2012, 14:03
and the rock sweepers across the Presi's.

Escalators and sweeping are like Peas and carrots!

Train Wreck
08-30-2012, 14:05
Depends on if I can find a magician that willing to hike in to do a show.

If you can't find any magicians, would you settle for some of the clowns on this forum? :D
I'm here all week.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 14:09
If you can't find any magicians, would you settle for some of the clowns on this forum? :D
I'm here all week.

Can you make balloon animals? I would like one in the shape of a honey badger, please.

Rasty
08-30-2012, 14:10
Can you make balloon animals? I would like one in the shape of a honey badger, please.

I can, but nothing that can be shown on a PG website.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 14:13
I can, but nothing that can be shown on a PG website.

That's how the porn got started in the journals, isn't it? Fess up... You posted naked balloon animal pics, didn't you? Someone ought to take your balloons away, mister! :)

Rasty
08-30-2012, 14:20
That's how the porn got started in the journals, isn't it? Fess up... You posted naked balloon animal pics, didn't you? Someone ought to take your balloons away, mister! :)

Maybe WOO?

atmilkman
08-30-2012, 14:22
Um, those aren't ballons, that's just what you've been told.

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 14:24

Don't worry, moderator! I promise I am self-editing right now... No need to delete what I was going to write...Already done. :)

Water Rat
08-30-2012, 14:24

You crack me up! :)

Chaco Taco
09-03-2012, 11:08
walked up on a laundry basket in the Mahoosucs on Friday night on the AT near the trailhead filled with hiker trash bags, used maxi pads, empty soda cans. Gotta love that "trail magic" aka littering.