PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought or food for the bear?

Lugnut
05-04-2005, 09:46
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=3&u=/ap/20050504/ap_on_fe_st/bear_attack

dougmeredith
05-04-2005, 10:01
Wow, let's just count the mistakes here:

1. Put food in the tent.
2. Ran from the bear.
3. Played dead with a black bear.

Wow.

Doug

bitpusher
05-04-2005, 10:09
And still she managed to survive.

Stoker53
05-04-2005, 10:33
No data of the bear wearing "gang colors" so I guess this was simply an adolescent "fopaux" on the part of a wild animal.

We need the US Congress to get involved. Nip this sort of behavior in the bud. Federally mandated hiker/camper etiquette training and sensitivity training for bears is needed.

Can't we all ...."just get along?"

whiteagle
05-04-2005, 13:21
No data of the bear wearing "gang colors" so I guess this was simply an adolescent "fopaux" on the part of a wild animal.

Thanks, I've got finals this week and needed a good laugh.

Daniel

Newb
05-04-2005, 14:14
The real hero here is the bear.

1. It stopped for a snack and was surprised by a woman trying to get it's food.

2. It chased the woman away from its food.

3. Some idiot told the woman to play dead.

4. The bear went and chased the idiot, who then proved himself a bigger idiot by trying to fight it with a knife.

5. Before going and chasing the knifewielding idiot the bear had the presence of mind to cover the woman with leaves so that she wouldn't get hypo-thermia.

6.It chased those idiots out of the woods into the waiting arms of the police.

I say the bear is a hero. It was level-headed throughout its entire ordeal and didn't kill anybody even though they tried desperately to prod it into doing so.

Doctari
05-04-2005, 15:08
The real hero here is the bear.

1. It stopped for a snack and was surprised by a woman trying to get it's food.
2. It chased the woman away from its food.
3. Some idiot told the woman to play dead.
4. The bear went and chased the idiot, who then proved himself a bigger idiot by trying to fight it with a knife.
5. Before going and chasing the knifewielding idiot the bear had the presence of mind to cover the woman with leaves so that she wouldn't get hypo-thermia.
6.It chased those idiots out of the woods into the waiting arms of the police.
I say the bear is a hero. It was level-headed throughout its entire ordeal and didn't kill anybody even though they tried desperately to prod it into doing so.

Yay Bear!!

Looked to me that couple wanted to win a "Darwin Award", better luck next time.

Doctari.

Dances with Mice
05-04-2005, 15:28
Now it's a fed bear and probably soon to be a dead bear.

Moxie00
05-04-2005, 16:31
[QUOTE=Dances with Mice]Now it's a fed bear and probably soon to be a dead
I hear it was Wingfoot in a bear suit, he gets blamed for everything else, why not this.

lumpy
05-05-2005, 22:35
[QUOTE=Dances with Mice]Now it's a fed bear and probably soon to be a dead
I hear it was Wingfoot in a bear suit, he gets blamed for everything else, why not this.
Nah. It sounds more like Maher in a Bear suit, after all he'll eat anything. Let Mikey try it!

Ridge
05-06-2005, 01:11
They should be thankful it wasn't a grizzly like the one on the cover of Bill Bryson's book. hikerwife