PDA

View Full Version : SOBO's

Virginia Archer
09-02-2012, 19:01
Looking around the site but don't see anything about where the SOBO bub
ble is right about now? I guess most NOBO's should be finished or finishing in the next few weeks right.

Blissful
09-02-2012, 19:06
Starting to see the early to mid June hikers in Maryland.

no-name
09-03-2012, 07:23
There was a couple of them ahead of me, last week, in Shenandoah. One flew past me on the trail. Later, when reading a shelter log book, he did a 34 mile day!!

Grampie
09-03-2012, 10:34
I don't think there is a SOBO bubble of hikers. Folks who start out planning a SOBO hike leave early June. This group isn't very large to begin with. Most other SOBO hikers couldn't start a conventional NOBO hike from February to April for one reason or another so they decided to go SOBO. These folks get strung out along the trail because they start at various times.
During my thru I flipped and started SOBO on July 23. I met very few SOBO hikers at that time. I finally cought a loose group of four and hiked off and on with them until I finished in Duncannon, PA.

Another Kevin
09-03-2012, 11:16
My daughter and I met three a week ago while spending an afternoon doing a little 8-mile loop in Harriman (3 miles or so were NOBO on the AT). A really skinny kid with a cuben fibre pack smaller than my daypack, and a cute young couple.

Chaco Taco
09-03-2012, 11:18
There is no "bubble" when it comes to SOBO's

gsimp18
09-05-2012, 22:04
Im in waynesboro, VA. There are about 12 in front of the group of 4 I'm with

HikerMom58
09-05-2012, 22:17
Im in waynesboro, VA. There are about 12 in front of the group of 4 I'm with

Let me know when you guys hit the Blue Ridge Parkway like say- Thunder Hill Shelter... how far is the 12 in front of you?

gsimp18
09-05-2012, 22:22
Ok will do. I know of a few that are about 5 days ahead and the others are probably close to southern Virginia now.

HikerMom58
09-05-2012, 22:31
Ok will do. I know of a few that are about 5 days ahead and the others are probably close to southern Virginia now.

I see... I just PMed you my contact #... stay safe and hopefully I'll see you all soon. Happy Hiking!! :) I will be out of town this coming Sun. eve thru Wed. eve. But, I'll be around before and after that... just let me know what I can do for you all. If you need some slackpacking once you hit Daleville I can easily do that as well.